Cloth diaper

Mummy to Baby V

hi meiteoh,

actually i dont agree using 1 insert for below 6 mths because my son pee alot since young and when he is newborn, i've used just 1 insert and everytime will leak, it doesnt hold well with 1 insert.

I am impressed of your CD collection. At present, i've only 8 bumwear + 12 inserts. There are so many CD brands that I am having a hard time finding the right one for my boy. As he have chunky thigh, and almost 8 mths, not sure which brand gv a better cutting and hold absorption well.
Guess your son is like my boy -- super-heavy-wetter with chunky thighs.
If 1 microfibre insert doesn't last 2-3 hours, then add a hemp booster.
Or LoopyDo (reviewed here) with 1 hemp booster should work quite well for the day.

For chunky thighs, you may try:
- Moo Moo Kow (reviewed here)
- Happy Heinys (reviewed here)
- Knickernappies (reviewed here)

Knickernappies also come in sized diapers.

For chunky thighs, side-snapping diapers has the advantage of independent snap adjustments for waist and thighs, that is why I really like Knickernappies. Side-snaps also allow the diaper to be pulled up and down as training pants later on.

Mummy to Baby V

do you squeeze dry the inserts before placing it in covered dry pail?? as in the pee all in the inserts...
Never done that. I leave the entire diaper with insert in the pail. For those with poo, I'd spray the poo off when I'm free or every morning before laundry time.

For diapers with only pee, I sort them out only before laundry time.

Recently, I also started putting the pocket diapers in a laundry net to reduce wear and tear. (Not for inserts though.)

I always wear long-sleeved 3M rubber gloves when sorting out the diapers to protect my hands & for hygiene purpose.

Mummy to Baby V

thanks! BTW can you recommend where i can buy the hemp/ bamboo booster?? can't find
You may try contacting Whoopeekiddies:
http://www.whoopeekiddies.com/store/index.php
http://www.whoopeekiddies.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_20

The Blueberry bamboo doubler mentioned is 4-layer, so seems more like an insert. 2-layer boosters / doublers are more appropriate to add behind regular microfibre inserts for day-use.

If the exact item you need is not listed, you may request if the store can bring in for you.

xicloudix

Anyone interested in buying Babyland cloth diapers??? I am interested in buying some, but i found a seller selling at $10 with free normal post (1 diaper cover + 2 insert) (usual price $14 excluding shipping cost), but there is a min quantity which i can't meet, therefore asking around if there is anyone who would like to share with me...

Extra inserts ca be bought for $4 per insert, 10 piece and above = $3.50
If interested, please email me at xicloudix@hotmail.com

Last edited:

xicloudix

HI, so do i get hemp doublers from the site you given too??? Coz i still considering whether to get hemp or bamboo doublers and i want to compare the price before deciding (on tight budget)... please advise. thansk!

Mummy to Baby V

HI, so do i get hemp doublers from the site you given too??? Coz i still considering whether to get hemp or bamboo doublers and i want to compare the price before deciding (on tight budget)... please advise. thansk!
You may email Whoopeekiddies and ask for the prices of different boosters / doublers they have. Price depends on brand too.

If on tight budget, may even consider using small microfibre inserts as booster, though hemp / bamboo are trimmer. Microfibre is easier to find.

Or may use leftover cloth (e.g. square nappies, face towels), trim them & sew the edges. Then add behind microfibre insert as booster.

When I ran out of inserts initially, I folded square nappies into rectangles and used as inserts. Work too! Cloth diapering is good for any budget! :)

Mummy to Baby V

BTW how do i strip wash the cloth diapers?
Strip-washing is needed when there is buildup of detergent or diaper cream on the diaper. Therefore, try preventing buildup by using appropriate detergent (no bleach / softener / enzyme). If really need to use diaper cream, ensure it is safe for cloth diaper use and apply a thin layer.

When diaper starts repelling urine or leaks sooner than usual, it may be time to stripwash. When my boy was using diaper cream, I stripwashed the diapers once every 1-2 months. After he stopped using diaper cream, stripwashibg was not needed.

Steps:
- mix some baby dishwashing liquid detergent to a pail of water
- handwash the cloth diaper one-by-one using the solution
- rub the cloth diaper against itself (do not use a scrub!), especially the part that touches baby's bums
- turn the pocket diaper inside out and rub it against itself
- after repeating for all diapers, start rinsing
- 3 or more rinses until all liquid detergent is washed off
- may use washing machine to rinse, make sure the water is clear. Else, rinse again.

Colline

Hi mummies..i jus went to get e Bumwear diaper n inserts.need to check again wif u e Bumwear inserts can it be machine wash n tumble dry in washing machine????

meiteoh

It's assumed that if one can wash it in a washing machine, you can tumble dry it as well (I presume you don't mean a dryer function, right?) as that's how you spin out all the excess water.

I've been doing that for months and my inserts are in fab shape otherwise you can take FOREVER to dry it if you wring out the water by hand. :x

xicloudix

yes i agree, i use machine to wash, dry faster, if there is sun, probably 3 hrs?? else by hand i have to sun almost 1-2 days....

thanks all for giving me advise on the modern diapers! I tried it and was glad i bought modern diapers !!

xicloudix

Hi, I have a friend who has a baby with bigger tighs (bigger in size), since u had tried so many cloth diapers, do u have any recommendation for her???

coz i understand that there is limited brand that will fits her, but its impossible for her to buy each one and try, thus asking for ur advise, hope u can help her

snowbear

Hi, I have a friend who has a baby with bigger tighs (bigger in size), since you had tried so many cloth diapers, do you have any recommendation for her???

coz i understand that there is limited brand that will fits her, but its impossible for her to buy each one and try, thus asking for your advise, hope you can help her
The usual bumwear can be worn till the child is on average about 2 years old... maybe you can advise your friend to just make a trip down to United Sq where Bumwear is located and the staff can assist her in making a choice.

Mummy to Baby V

Hi, I have a friend who has a baby with bigger tighs (bigger in size), since you had tried so many cloth diapers, do you have any recommendation for her???

coz i understand that there is limited brand that will fits her, but its impossible for her to buy each one and try, thus asking for your advise, hope you can help her
Yes, babies with chubby thighs have less choices. Need to look for those with large cutting at the thigh. Side-snapping diapers are very suitable as they allow independent adjustment of waist & thigh settings.

For chunky thighs, she may try:
- Moo Moo Kow (reviewed here)
- Happy Heinys (reviewed here)
- Knickernappies, side-snapping (reviewed here)
- Bottombumpers All-In-One Side-Snapping (reviewed here)