Cloth diaper

bb emma

My 6 month old baby (with chubby thighs) is a heavy wetter and can sleep at night for 12 hours straight.can anyone recommend a cloth diaper that can last that long.thanks!!!

beerbelly

My 6 month old baby (with chubby thighs) is a heavy wetter and can sleep at night for 12 hours straight.can anyone recommend a cloth diaper that can last that long.thanks!!!
Hi! What CD are you currently using for nights?

My boy is a heavy wetter too coz he nurses thru the night. I have used Happy Heiny's One Size, FuzziBunz Medium, with 1 microfibre insert and 1 Papoose hemp insert, or 1 microfibre insert and 1 organic cotton Flip prefold. If I use my Flip diaper cover, I put a stay-dry doubler on top of the organic cotton prefold, and sometimes another hemp layer at the bottom. Hemp inserts are really good at holding fluids, but will need a microfleece liner to wick moisture away from baby's skin.

so far i'm really happy with the above brands coz they have never leaked. But i have always stuffed the diapers to the max and poor baby has a donald duck bum for nights!
Mummy to Baby Very will have more suggestions, and you can visit her blog for lots of great info on CD-ing!:tlaugh:

bb emma

@beerbelly: thanks for the suggestion.i'm currently using disposable diapers and want to try CD-ing for a change

Last edited:

beerbelly

@beerbelly: thanks for the suggestion.i'm currently using disposable diapers and want to try CD-ing for a change

oh, that's great! you will not regret trying it out! it's actually much easier than i thought it would be, especially the laundry part. and i do love how cute they are, and of course, how much healthier they are for baby and the environment!:Dancing_tongue:

Mummy to Baby V

Oh you are a lucky Mummy! :)
We used Drybees Fleece Pocket with double inserts from 2-9 months old. Review at Review: Drybees Fleece Pocket Diapers |

From 9 months to now (17 months), we have been using Happy Hempys and GAD Hemp Pocket Fitted with microfibre & hemp inserts and fleece shorts. Reviews not posted yet. If you need more info, contact me here: Contact |

mengyuan

Hi Dear Mummies,

I'm selling babyland cloth diapers at a reasonable price. you may want to refer to below link for more details.

Baby Cloth Diapers -- S$8/pc + 1 Insert
Further more, we are selling separate diaper insert now.

Separate diaper insert sell at S$3/pc. Get discount price at S$2.5/pc when purchase together with diapers.

For more info, please refer to below link.
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f63/baby-cloth-diapers-s-8-pc-1-insert-42980/

:Dancing_tongue:

vbebe

Could mummies advise which liquid laundry detergent you are using for laundering cloth diapers and inserts? Is dynamo considered ok to use?

Last edited:

xicloudix

Could mummies advise which liquid laundry detergent you are using for laundering cloth diapers and inserts? Is dynamo considered ok to use?

dynamo not ok, it has softner... canot use on cloth diaper... find those dun have softener, enzyme and bleach ones..... i am using kodomo, so far so gd...

vbebe

dynamo not ok, it has softner... canot use on cloth diaper... find those dont have softener, enzyme and bleach ones..... i am using kodomo, so far so good...

How to know if dynamo has softener? I just checked my bottle, its not stated anywhere on the bottle..Besides kodomo, any other laundry detergent to recommend as i usually wash whole family's laundry together?

Last edited:

Mummy to Baby V

How to know if dynamo has softener? I just checked my bottle, its not stated anywhere on the bottle..Besides kodomo, any other laundry detergent to recommend as i usually wash whole family's laundry together?
I read before that Dynamo is not suitable for cloth diapers. Ok to use:
Review: Pureen H-A-D Liquid Detergent | Mummy's Reviewsâ„¢
TOP (choose the type with no enzyme/softener if possible, use 1/4-1/2 recommended amt)

Enzymes are NOT for cloth diapers because they will react with urine and attack baby's skin, causing bad rashes.

Softener will coat diapers and cause repellent of urine (leaking diapers).

Bleach will damage the cloth diaper fabric more easily.

xicloudix

I read before that Dynamo is not suitable for cloth diapers. Ok to use:
Review: Pureen H-A-D Liquid Detergent | Mummy's Reviewsâ„¢
TOP (choose the type with no enzyme/softener if possible, use 1/4-1/2 recommended amt)

Enzymes are NOT for cloth diapers because they will react with urine and attack baby's skin, causing bad rashes.

Softener will coat diapers and cause repellent of urine (leaking diapers).

Bleach will damage the cloth diaper fabric more easily.

Pureen HAD has stop production in singapore... so perharps use top??? dynamo has softener, but i am not sure where i read it before... but i am sure i read it on dynamo bottles, i guess its the old bottle...

Mummy to Baby V

Pureen HAD has stop production in singapore... so perharps use top??? dynamo has softener, but i am not sure where i read it before... but i am sure i read it on dynamo bottles, i guess its the old bottle...
It is hard to find Pureen HAD in KL too. Pureen is a Malaysian brand, HAD made in the Unifed States. The company did not reply my online enquiry on the production. *Disappointed*

TOP is quite safe because my friend who sells and manufactures cloth diapers uses it.

I just bought another brand to try. Will recommend only if it works well.

vbebe

It is hard to find Pureen HAD in KL too. Pureen is a Malaysian brand, HAD made in the Unifed States. The company did not reply my online enquiry on the production. *Disappointed*

TOP is quite safe because my friend who sells and manufactures cloth diapers uses it.

TOP - is it the liquid detergent that states for White clothings, as it also comes for Colour or Anti-bacterial ones?

allycat

Do u think laundry ball can be used to wash CD? Thinking of try it...

mengyuan

I've just ordered 2 Eco-fresh laundry ball from Korea. Yet to receive and try out.

Will share the experience later on.

tsukushi

Hi, new to this forum! Glad to find a cloth diapering community in SG! I have about 30 pocket/AIO diapers in my stash, plus a couple of prefolds and tons of chinese flats. Overstashed way too much. Is there a place to help me destash?

Here are what's in my stash
- Rumparooz
- Applecheeks
- Bumgenius
- Grovia
- Ion Evolution
- Bum Cheeks
- Itti Bitti Tutto
- Swaddlebees
- Blueberries
- Bummis Tots Bots Easy Fit
- Earth, Mom & Baby
- Flip system
- Bummis flats
- Thirsties prefolds
Plus misc inserts and no-brand flats

There are 2 brand new pink Fuzzibunz and Happy Heinys that I haven't gotten around to "need" yet.

Btw, I'm pretty new to cloth diapering.. just 2 months into it now!

Last edited:

luvbene

Hi, m using babyland and bumwear.. but recently found out that Babyland ones my boy skin around groin area get irriated and he keep scratching.. don't know what is causes.. hmmm as for Bumwear he is wearing it great!