Clothes for helper

bananamama

Hi all, glad to come across this forum as I have been reading around but not really posting..

Today I have something to ask the fellow forummers and hope I may get some input.
May I know where do you get clothes for your helpers?
Not those nice going out clothes, but simple t-shirts and rubberised shorts that are not too short, suitable for house wear?

My helper put on 20kg and split most of her shorts and also outgrown her t-shirts that we bought for her when she arrived 8 months ago..Maybe if someone can input will be most grateful. Thanks.

Was thinking of getting her some new clothes.

Just wondering what is reasonable to buy for helper. When she first came, we already bought her 5 sets (shorts and t-shirts) but she out grown them. Sorry if I may sound a bit not so generous here..but to be honest I do not even buy many clothes for myself in a year. And more importantly I do not want to cultivate the habit of "just waste lor..since my employer buys everything" mentality in her. She has her own money but seemed reluctant to pay for her clothes out of her own pocket.

Or anyone can recommend anymore of those lelong stalls? I can't seem to see many of them anymore..

pipilili

I think instead of buying, look for options whether your relatives and friends have unwanted clothes/shorts for her size. If yes, then ask them for a few pieces for your maids.

I will only buy maids clothes on speical occasions so that she won't think we are carrot head for her to chop! I bring my maid to CK, Pasar Malam (Bugis area) to get those special occasion clothes.

You will be surprised some maids even choose clothes which she wants/likes to wear, whether those given by relatives/friends or purchased from outside.

bananamama

Thanks pipilili for your response, and even more so for not being judgemental about my looking for cheaper alternatives.

I know that some people may think I am being stingy here, but for my household we do set a budget and by no means do I stinge on the helper either. I am so grateful you can see that I do not want to be carrot headed by the helper. I am more cautious because recently I bought her some Nescafe coffee granules (for her own use as we do not drink coffee but I know she does enjoy her cuppa so I take it as a job perk for her) However I did tell her to use up the previous coffee bags before opening because I do not believe in wastage. She actually went against my instructions and now I have those coffee bags sitting in the cabinet while the granules are also open. In this case, I think it's a case of being choosy already. Previously, without the granules, she was fine with those bags. Just because I gave them to her before she used up the old stock she disregarded my wishes totally. I was disappointed, because to me, all that coffee was for her, I do not see the hurry to open (except being choosy)

Sorry for this ranting. I guess I am just so thankful that someone understands the being carrot head feeling.

Unfortunately I do not have friends her size. Do you or anyone else happen to know where else I can get those clothes?

godloved

Hey,
Can try to look from shopping centres sometimes they have discounts or those "bins" that you can dig for good deals

littlena

Alpha Male
I think instead of buying, look for options whether your relatives and friends have unwanted clothes/shorts for her size. If yes, then ask them for a few pieces for your maids.

I will only buy maids clothes on speical occasions so that she won't think we are carrot head for her to chop! I bring my maid to CK, Pasar Malam (Bugis area) to get those special occasion clothes.

You will be surprised some maids even choose clothes which she wants/likes to wear, whether those given by relatives/friends or purchased from outside.

use Newspaper ...and then stapler the edges...
quite nice.. but when it rains ..ask her to run...

hahaha

JK

go Giant lar cheap cheap