Club Foot

BabyIqah

Hi,My 9mths old daughter was born with club feet. Seeing physiotherapy every 3 or 4 mths...although her case is not severe,she still cant bear her weight on her feet( she still cant stand with support). It really worries me alot,her next appoinment is next mth. Any mommies out there have club foot babies....?Pls share ur experience.....thnx

hijagirl

hi babylqah, i just went for my detailed scan and the doctor said that my baby has bilateral talipes (clubfoot - both feet).. was so surprised since no one in the family has this condition.. and the doctor said that there's a 1-2% chance of Down Syndrome.. although i'm doubting this point since i saw in the net that it is not always the case..

in your case, was it also detected in any of your scans? how is your baby girl doing? i saw one of the popular treatments for clubfoot which is Ponseti method.. have you tried this one?

sufeit0115

hi babylqah, i just went for my detailed scan and the doctor said that my baby has bilateral talipes (clubfoot - both feet).. was so surprised since no one in the family has this condition.. and the doctor said that there's a 1-2% chance of Down Syndrome.. although i'm doubting this point since i saw in the net that it is not always the case..

in your case, was it also detected in any of your scans? how is your baby girl doing? i saw one of the popular treatments for clubfoot which is Ponseti method.. have you tried this one?
Hi my baby boy has been detected to have very mild bilateral talipes on his right foot since birth (it was not detected during detailed scan) so i almost went into depression during confinement as i didn't know what i should do to help him. My family & relatives do not have this medical condition at all, so the PD suspected was due to my low aminotic fluid during later stage of pregnancy which restricted the movement of the baby.

My baby had to go thru physiotherapy every 2-3 months in KKH up to around 7 months when he was officially discharged by the PD. He is now a bubbly active 15 months toddler. He has no difficulty in walking or balancing himself.

Btw, the physiotherapist will assess your baby's condition and designed the physiotheraphy to 'correct' the conditions. You or the caregiver will have to help the baby with the physiotheraphy daily. So do not worry which i know it's hard but so far i didn't hear my PD said club foot is associated with down syndrome. Your baby will be fine. :)