Coconut Water

pyvio

Hi, does anyone know where to buy coconut water? Somewhere in the Sengkang/Hougang/Bedok/Tampines/Serangoon areas would be good. Heard it is good to drink just before delivery. But not every fruit stall may sell young coconuts.

And can we drink it more than once before delivery?

Last edited:

angelwendy

Hi, does anyone know where to buy coconut water? Somewhere in the Sengkang/Hougang/Bedok/Tampines/Serangoon areas would be good. Heard it is good to drink just before delivery. But not every fruit stall may sell young coconuts.

And can we drink it more than once before delivery?

u can go NTUC & giant or sheng song... i bought from this 3 places.... ya fruits stall u dont normally see it that often...

it really depends... i drink about 1 to 2 times a week... but dont over do it ya.. since is so cooling.....:001_302:

pyvio

Thanks for the info. I went down to NTUC and Giant but they only sell the Thai coconut type. Heard Thai coconut is not recommended. The ones from M'sia is better. Is it true that M'sia ones are those round in shape whereas those Thai ones are sharp in shape?

Just wondering where to get the M'sia types? Can anyone advise?

angelwendy

Thanks for the info. I went down to NTUC and Giant but they only sell the Thai coconut type. Heard Thai coconut is not recommended. The ones from M'sia is better. Is it true that M'sia ones are those round in shape whereas those Thai ones are sharp in shape?

Just wondering where to get the M'sia types? Can anyone advise?
Mine I'm not too sure is Thai or Malaysia.. But wat I know is as long as is young coconut should be ok..

Ting

as long is the young coconut (the big ones) n not those small rounf ones is ok.
i drank 1-2 times a week from my 8th mth onwards.

pyvio

Thanks, I just bought one from the wet market at a stall selling fruits. Bought the young coconut - thai type. Gave up finding the m'sia types.

I must say the thai one is very sweet. I intend to drink one this week and another next week. Should be delivering my baby just after CNY. Hope that is sufficient. :)

jean1986

they say the thai coconuts got artificial sweetener injected in it .
better to get the green ones. i go hawker centre the fruit stalls got many green ones.

pyvio

yes, it does taste quite sweet. thought it was natural sweetness :0

anyway, I think Giant at Tampines may have the M'sia type - if I guess correctly. Will get my hubby buy one next week. Then I will taste the difference. Understand that M'sia type is not so sweet as the Thai ones.

pyvio

Hi there, I just delivered my baby girl and after two rounds of drinking coconut water, she came out cleaned. So, coconut water does help! thanks to all for your great advices.

And regarding passing out gas, I don't think so it could have been due to coconut water as this is considered "cooling". Maybe it could be due to other factors :)

canisque

Hi there, I just delivered my baby girl and after two rounds of drinking coconut water, she came out cleaned. So, coconut water does help! thanks to all for your great advices.

And regarding passing out gas, I dont't think so it could have been due to coconut water as this is considered "cooling". Maybe it could be due to other factors :)
so the benefit of drinking coconut juice is to ease delivery?

pyvio

No, it is not to ease delivery. It is more for the baby's skin. I heard that there would not be those "white flakes" (something like this) on the baby when born (though some believe it might help to prevent jaundice which I do not personally think so). The baby skin would be cleaner and smoother. Bird nest would also help. I prefer those that need to boil rather than straight from the bottle. But it all depends on individual's preference.