Cold Drinks?

zaclin29

Hi,

I heard that it is not good to drink cold drinks in the 1st trimester.
But I really feel hot inside out and even on the fan when I'm in the office.
I try to limit myself to 1 cold drink a day (from coffeeshop or fastfood or bubble tea).

Is it ok? :embarrassed:

I will drink hot milo or horlicks at night. If milk, I will drink cold too (cos too lazy to heat up). Any other time of the day, I will drink plain water.

cutyhammy

Hi zaclin29,

I think people advice not to drink cold drinks because it might cause cramps.

I've been drinking warm drinks (not hot ones) because the cold drinks give me cramps.
The other day, i had ice-milo and i got a really bad cramp.

I guess best is to check with your doctor and see what he/she advice you on this :001_302:

cheekbe

Hi,
When I was pregnant with my first baby my mother-in-law kept telling me I couldn't drink cold drink but, like you, I was always hot! So I still had cold drinks and everything was fine :) Now I'm pregnant with my 2nd baby and will probably do the same! haha... But if you do get a reaction when drinking cold things (like cutyhammy said about cramps), then you should check with your doctor.
Happy pregnancy!

xiaodaisy

wow ! good girl ,u limit to 1 cold drink per day .. during my pregnancy , my cold drinks intake is alot LOL cos i very scare of hot ..

so far so good for my kids =) anyway just keep it moderate will do =)

#PS - even my plain water is cold one haha !

xuandy

hi mummies!!

i jus wan sweet drinks, like honey. but if can cold even better la... cos i drink plain water until i wan to vomit!

angiebaby

i dont think cold drinks will cause any problem, when im pregnant i didnt drink any hot things at all cause i only drink cold one, weather is so hot, how to survive with only hot drinks?

i drink all kind of cold fruit juice, 100 plus, root beer, ginger beer, and my baby is healthy and lovely.

xuandy

i dont think cold drinks will cause any problem, when im pregnant i didnt drink any hot things at all cause i only drink cold one, weather is so hot, how to survive with only hot drinks?

i drink all kind of cold fruit juice, 100 plus, root beer, ginger beer, and my baby is healthy and lovely.
tat y lor..... some pple like nothing like tat, not sleepy, no nausea oso.... some still work till 12am.... power!

angiebaby

tat y lor..... some pple like nothing like tat, not sleepy, no nausea oso.... some still work till 12am.... power!
i no nausea, but very sleepy, 8pm already gonna concuss! but no morning sickness, 4 months still fly to HK for holiday, walk 10 hours a day for shopping, eat ice cream at the dessert shop, come back with the price of swollen foot...zzzz