comany refuse to let me pump in the office

Jmumi

Hi All,

is there any guideline under MOM laws that says that company should allow employee to pump in office? Initially the HR say it's ok to pump in office empty room but now that i come back. They refuse to let me do so & want me to go to the toliet to pump.
Since the office is in the industrial area, the toliet are very dirty and unhygenic. i can smell the urine whenever i step in so i also try not to use the toliet.

how can i pump in the toliet & give the milk to my boy?? ridiculous!! These pple dun eat in toliet, why expect my boy to take the milk that's pump from toliet??

Furthermore, no reason given! Bloody pissed!

Amulet

im not sure, but the last straw if they still refuse to lend u a room, maybe u can try to just pump at ur seat, with a nursing shawl..

knut29

i am pumping in the toilet, as there's no lactation room at my work place.. the last time a HR officer suggest I go to a neighbouring shopping centre to pump instead..

panpan

hey hey,

my office also doesn't have a lactation room, and i doubt they will have one. I do agree with you that it isn't very pleasant to pump milk in the industrial toilet..

Hm.. if you dun mind, you can try pumping on your desk (while covering yourself) or if your bosses allow, pump in their office if possible. =)

Hope you are able to find a solution ya?

Jmumi

I dun understand why I can't use the empty room since no one is using it. In fact, it empty for more than a yr. I tink they dun wan me to pump in office. Anti breastfeeding co!

I don't want to do it in the dirty toilet so last resort is to pump in my car...

joeybeadz

I know some mummies' office dont even have fridge to keep the ebm.

never give up. persist. your child will benefit in the long run.

Jia you!

Mummy to Baby V

I dun understand why I can't use the empty room since no one is using it. In fact, it empty for more than a yr. I tink they dun wan me to pump in office. Anti breastfeeding co!

I don't want to do it in the dirty toilet so last resort is to pump in my car...
At least you've a car, which is a comfy and clean place. Just do it! :)

Jmumi

At least you've a car, which is a comfy and clean place. Just do it! :)
Yup...they refused to let me pump in office so pump in car takes double the time lor. Usually it's 20mins but now take 30-40mins cos I need to ensure the windows are fully covered. I dont give a damn!! Lol

Mummy to Baby V

Yup...they refused to let me pump in office so pump in car takes double the time lor. Usually it's 20mins but now take 30-40mins cos I need to ensure the windows are fully covered. I dont give a damn!! Lol
I've heard of mums who pump while waiting at the traffic lights or during jam!
With nursing clothes and cover, should be quite discreet.
All the best! :)

luvjoanne

dont give up!
i'm working in industrial area as well, and when i'm bk from my maternity leave, i had no choice but pump in the toilet as well.
it was really tough. i have to place all the bottles and bag on my lap, and risk my bottles dropping etc as there is no place for me to put my things and i really dont wish to leave them on the toilet floor!
then there's noise.. ppl wonder what i'm doing inside.. hogging to the toilet cubicle.
and then not to mention, the smell and pooping sounds i could hear while pumping. totally pissed me off but i hanged on and went around asking if i could take any temporary vacant rooms while the managers are travelling etc.

then managed to find a small storeroom!! i didnt go to HR. no point gg to them too as i dont think they will be bothered, so i just get the key from the dept secretary and pump in the storeroom! not the best location but nonetheless, no complaints and its been 4 mths since i am bk from leave and i'm still on exclusively pumping for my 7 mths old girl :)
jiayou! bfeeding is really the best for our precious ones.

Jmumi

Good for you. You managed to find a small storeroom. The finance director actually locked all the rooms to prevent me from using! Sigh....I still pumping in my car.