comments between PCF n apple tree for pre nusery

chrisgal

Hi, i will be registering my son this year for the next year pre nusery lesson from either one of these 2 schools which i've mention above, i strongly need comments about the two schools. i'm living in yishun, and considering about blk 644 for pcf and blk 804 for apple tree. any of the mummies here send their kids to these? or for mummies who send their kids to either pcf pre nusery or apple tree pre nusery lesson in any of other area, i strougly need comments about it about regardless of anything any area. haha, i cant decide which one to send him to. many thanks in advance

Enangel

I am yishun too... my 3yr old is in PCF Nursery class near 800+blks there. I started him on pre-nursery last yr and he is now in the nursery class. My younger bb used to go to the infant care there when he was 3 mths old, but i've already withdraw him out. My toddler is still going for full day care there. Overall i would say that leaving him at pcf makes me feels at ease as comunication between parents and school is quite gd, they even have small notebooks where by they would record and let u know if ur child finish their meals, drank milk and poo how many times. Also they would record down any important stuff that happened on the book. But like all childcare, sometimes children fight, fall down or fall sick...the teachers there will attend to them and put medicine if they are hurt, feed them medicine if u give instructions to (but have to write on form). My boy used to speak only english at home, but after attending, now he's always chattering away in mandarin too... most of the teachers there are chinese (mostly from china) but they also have english lessons. There was once i was offered a job by a (private) childcare in yishun near the mrt, i went there for a day trial to see if i could cope anot. End of the day, i turn down the offer as i was disgusted by the way the teacher(china lady) actually treat the preschoolers. Hitting them on the head with papers, pushing them and handling them roughly. When i told the principal, she said she had no idea and maybe the teacher is just vex or stress. Therfore, i feel better to know that at least pcf have more regulations for teacher. Do u know that pcf childcare is also quite new? At least it looks new, not like those run-down childcare....and there are glass panels where u can look in. Just my opinions, hope it helps!

chrisgal

hi, thanks for your reply! but during pre nursery lesson, will the teacher also give a notebook on whether kid finish their snack and the behaviour they are in when in sch? coz i only intend to let him attend lesson and not put him in childcare! was still thinking about apple tree or PCF. tmr will be the registration date for pre nursery, thinking really hard now. i've gone in and view the PCF environment, so far everything is ok, but i still didnt have a chance to go down appletree to have a look, as when i call up, they say i wun be able to go in and view, but only can stand outside the window and have a roughly look, haiz...
I am yishun too... my 3yr old is in PCF Nursery class near 800+blks there. I started him on pre-nursery last yr and he is now in the nursery class. My younger bb used to go to the infant care there when he was 3 mths old, but i've already withdraw him out. My toddler is still going for full day care there. Overall i would say that leaving him at pcf makes me feels at ease as comunication between parents and school is quite gd, they even have small notebooks where by they would record and let u know if ur child finish their meals, drank milk and poo how many times. Also they would record down any important stuff that happened on the book. But like all childcare, sometimes children fight, fall down or fall sick...the teachers there will attend to them and put medicine if they are hurt, feed them medicine if u give instructions to (but have to write on form). My boy used to speak only english at home, but after attending, now he's always chattering away in mandarin too... most of the teachers there are chinese (mostly from china) but they also have english lessons. There was once i was offered a job by a (private) childcare in yishun near the mrt, i went there for a day trial to see if i could cope anot. End of the day, i turn down the offer as i was disgusted by the way the teacher(china lady) actually treat the preschoolers. Hitting them on the head with papers, pushing them and handling them roughly. When i told the principal, she said she had no idea and maybe the teacher is just vex or stress. Therfore, i feel better to know that at least pcf have more regulations for teacher. Do u know that pcf childcare is also quite new? At least it looks new, not like those run-down childcare....and there are glass panels where u can look in. Just my opinions, hope it helps!