Comparison between laundry detergent & powder

meiying

Wana ask if there is a big difference in using detergent and powder to wash clothes and nappy cloth? Currently im using kodomo detergent, which has nice scent and bb clothes are soft.. As the detergent is running low very fast, im thinkin of changing to powder form which is more cost savings but my fren says that powder will make clothes more stiff... Which brand of powder is recommended?

diymummy

Hi meiying mummy,

I've used 2 brands of powder before

I used Tollyjoy and didn't like it because
(1) Couldn't wash off stains effectively
(2) Sometimes have residual specks of powder on clothes.

I switched to Pigeon brand and it was ok, so I was certain that it's not tha fault of my washing machine.

For softener I use Kodomo brand. Realised that if I use softerner baby's clothes will still be quite soft after many washes.

meiying

Hi meiying mummy,

I've used 2 brands of powder before

I used Tollyjoy and didn't like it because
(1) Couldn't wash off stains effectively
(2) Sometimes have residual specks of powder on clothes.

I switched to Pigeon brand and it was ok, so I was certain that it's not tha fault of my washing machine.

For softener I use Kodomo brand. Realised that if I use softerner baby's clothes will still be quite soft after many washes.

ya im worried abt the residual of powders left on clothes which my fren told me... actually with kodomo laundry detergent the clothing already remain soft without softener.. so dunno if i should do the switch...

ast0212

I use the same powder for all our clothes and baby's cloth nappies, just use less when washing nappies. As long as the detergent/powder doesn't contain whiteners or enzymes as this can affect the lifespan of nappies (if you are using Mcn). I prefer to use a natural and environmentally friendly products which is good for nappies too.

don't use softeners on cloth nappies as this will affect their absorbency.