Confinement by Mother or Mother-in-law

Rukia

If your mum or mother-in-law is helping you with your confinement (take care of baby in the day, cooking confinement food for you). Just wondering how much do you all give as a token of appreciation?

climsp

just saw ur post. i thinking of give her 1K or wat. cos know she sure dun want to take so much. i will be staying over at my parent's place

qiqi87

For my first kid hubby gv 500 for mil to look after baby all day n cook the food first few day only.. after dat she packet for me outside food take frm hubby cuz she oso didnt nod wad food i lyk n oso scare over heaty for me...

ahchan5

$500 is so little, your mother in law has to buy the food to feed mother and baby. If i am your mother in law...i can tell you, i feel worst off than a maid!

My aunty was paid $900 to incharge of household for family of 6. Guess what, she ended up secretly withdraw $500 from her savings to feed the family....

Tannie

$500 is so little, your mother in law has to buy the food to feed mother and baby. If i am your mother in law...i can tell you, i feel worst off than a maid!

My aunty was paid $900 to incharge of household for family of 6. Guess what, she ended up secretly withdraw $500 from her savings to feed the family....
Your aunts is too nice... How to cope with family of 6?!!

qiqi87

Food is separate count de mil ask hubby go buy or hubby grandma buy hubby go her grandma hus take.. I eat confinment food onlyone wk at hm the rest hubby packet for me outside..

climsp

dun think mother will be so fussy over money issue bah. is just a token. give wat u can afford, and dun expect the food or service she give, cos she is ur mum or MIL, not maid.
intend to get those herbal soup ingredient, herbal bath myself, just ask mum to help me to cook. my mum seem like more excited on the menu to cook and want baby to sleep in her room. i just told her more veg n fish will do. dun need to waste time n money.

Tannie

Yap I am not going to fuss over the food my mum prepare n will try to do as much as I can like wash baby clothes n milk bottles. I dun think I can follow the confinement rules 100% such as cannot touch tap water, cannot carry baby etc...

climsp

my mum allow me to bath warm water, no washing of hair onli. must bath fast if raining too cold then can bath. hope i can bath baby also.. hubby will be staying over also. so he will help wash our clothes also.

felicity

I'm intending to give my mum $1500, considering that she will be full time helping my bb wash diapers n cooking me my fav food w lots of love... Plus she's taking a mth unpaid leave to help me. And that's still much cheaper than engaging a confinement lady now...