Confinement Food Catering

Hi Mummies

Just like to know, have any one tried catering for confinement food? Any recommendation for nice tasting ones?

Thanks in advance!!

diymummy

I tried New Baby.

It's so-so. Nothing beats freshly cooked. Their fish sometimes not very fresh.

And the food is ginger overload.

fang87

Hi.. I have tried 2 different company's trial meal.. One is from iHostFood.com and another is from Natal Essentials - Traditional Confinement Meal Deliver to Your Door Step

Based on my own opinion.. I would recommend mums-to-be to find a confinement lady.. As the food they cook is freshly bought from market..

Firstly, ihost's food is very oily and the taste of ginger is not strong enough..

Secondly, I just tried natal essentials.. The sesame oil chicken taste not very good.. and the fish has a very stinky smell.. As for the american ginseng black chicken soup.. the soup is oily and it onli has the taste of the american ginseng..

nicklong01

Alpha Male
Hi Mummies

Just like to know, have any one tried catering for confinement food? Any recommendation for nice tasting ones?

Thanks in advance!!
Me I haven’t tried but I knew only few so the competition is very minimal who sell’s confinement food. Being in food business I asked how is the profit goes. Guy said at first it been a hard time coz people are not getting familiar in it and you need to establish name first for you have their trust since this is sensitive. But as the years go by they have regular customers and the somehow the income starting to get stable.

rheamama

Has anyone tried Chilli Padi confinement catering? Reviews?

Tried to order from New Baby but I was surprised to hear that there will not be any food delivery for 5 days during the Chinese New Year period. Seems a bit long to me, though