Confinement lady / baby sitter to recommend?

missytinklestar

Dear mummies and mummies-to-be,

I am a first-time mummy-to-be, and expected to deliver in Aug 2012. Therefore would like to look for (1) a confinement lady (for my first month) and (2) a babysitter around Tiong Bahru area to help look after the baby when i resume work.

Could anyone kindly share contact and precious experiences? In addition, kindly advise what questions should we ask the confinement lady/baby sitter?

As this is our first baby, we have no experience at all. Would appreciate any kind advices please.

Thanks and cheers.

Last edited:

Angel9

-

for confinement nanny... maybe you can try GPLS at
http://www.gplsconfinementnanny.com.sg/ ?
i saw their testimonies and interviews on youtube in different families
sounds quite convincing, hmm

or ask those in your private circle who have tried other confinement nanny services that are really good

if not for the sake of budget and some personal concerns... i might also decide to engage a confinement nanny for my upcoming confinement

my house does not have gas stove for her to cook confinement dishes, since we dun have govt gas supply for 4-storey walkup flat... we only have those modern electric induction cooker that is not very user-friendly... temperature is difficult to adjust and stabilize... thus my hubby and i also hardly cook at home except for soup-based items... it is not feasible for us to pay $2K++ for a nanny to come our house, when we dun have the proper facility for her to cook all my meals ------ except only to look after the newborn and do simple household chores
hi, we had GPLS last time and they were FANTASTIC. they let us pay the deposit one month before i was due, and we paid the whole package in 6 months instalment! but sadly they have problems with MOM at the moment and cannot take any clients right now.

however, i will advise AGAINST PEM. this is why:

I sent my deposit to PEM a month ago. They did not contact me.
And I contacted them this week to check.
And they said they did not receive my cheque! I sent it in the pre-paid envelope that they gave me!

Anyway, so now they said, since we did not receive your deposit, you have to top up $300 because we are nearly fully booked!

When the consultant came to visit us, they did not say they will extort extra money if they are fully booked. They only said they will not accept anymore clients if fully booked.

omg!!

Is this legal?? This is clearly extortion!

Angel9

continued....

this is ridiculous.
they came to visit us with a consultant in Feb 2012 (it is now march 2012), and we agreed on the costs, etc.
they provided 2 pre-paid envelopes for us to send them paperwork and cheques.
i sent them the deposit as agreed ($700 at that time) in their own pre-paid envelope.
more than 2 weeks later, we did not hear from them so i contacted them about sending me a receipt for my cheque.
they got their "finance director" to contact me and this person said, "oh, we have not received your cheque but we have decided to make everyone who book in may, pay extra".

now the truth is, did they or did they not receive my cheque? if they did, it is a binding agreement for the agreed fee when they came to consult. if they "did not" receive my cheque, they can claim we never agreed on the price.

there is no legal document and they did not provide me with any legal provision that they have the freedom to any how jack up their prices as they wish.

so claiming that they have decided to make everyone who book in may 2012 pay extra, is EXTORTION. so what if they are very busy or fully booked or whatever? they have said previously that if they are fully booked, they will NOT book any more clients. at no time did they say they are going to EXTORT or jack up their prices.

if you do more research into PEM, you will find that 8 or 9 out of 10 people who have engaged them are NOT happy with their services. so what if they provide "unlimited" exchange of confinement nanny? their nannies are lousy! some nannies even said they didn not go through any special training with PEM. just some couple hours of talks.

the reason PEM can claim they are very popular and have the most number of licence applications with MOM is simply because they advertise VERY heavily. every month in almost every mother/baby magazine, they have a FULL page full colour advertisement.

i was going to sign up with PEM but after this incident, i do not trust them at all. they have no integrity! they are basically lying and trying to extort money.

the last agency i went with, unfortunately currently has problems with MOM. but their integirty was SUPERB. and the nanny they sent us was VERY GOOD and very reliable and serious. that agency actually let us pay the deposit ONE month before i was due. and i could pay the whole package in 6 instalments. this is called TRUST. they trust us and we can trust them. they did not require us to pay upfront and did not try to extort us when they were going to be fully booked.

PEM is embarrassing compared to my previous agency.

Angel9

continued...

everytime you ask PEM how many nannies are left available or how many have been booked, they will lie about the number.

in Feb 2012 they said they were nearly fully booked for may 2012 with only 15 slots left. and after the last 15 are taken they will not book anymore. and they said becoz it's dragon year, they will be fully booked within only a few weeks. it is now march and they are still not fully booked - so they are extorting more money?

they also said they are fully booked for april 2012 yet i know people are still booking them for april.

PEM is very untrustable. i believed their ads, but after so much research, i found that they actually have a lot of complaints and people have advised not to book with them at all.

Angel9

oh my... thanks for the warning about PEM confinement services !!
yah... not every registered companies are trustworthy... it is sometimes better to do some research and ask around

by the way,,, why does GPLS have problems with ministry of manpower at the moment ?
any idea what problems they have ?
apparently, from gossip, it is because they hired malaysian nannies without letting MOM know. nothing to do with the quality of nannies themselves...

joyceSee

Hi missytinklestar,

I have a very good recommendation.
She is a confinement lady from KL, to both my sisters.
My elder sis had her when she gave birth to her 3rd child on Oct 2010. As my sis was very pleased with her service, she recommended her to my younger sis when she gave birth to her 2nd child last Sep 2011.
And has since recommended her to numerous of their friends.
If you are interested in booking her as your CL, do leave me a PM for my sister's contact.

Last edited:

Angel9

hi,

anyone looking for day nanny? i have a nanny looking for day care confinement. she is very experienced. trained with the hospitals in singapore. from malaysia. normal rates. no exorbitant rip-offs. PM me asap as all the annies are taken up quickly this year.

she is also looking for live-in confinement, so let me know if you need live-in or day care only.

i am not an agent and not related to any nanny. i am not making a single cent from recommendations. just want to help out and to save people from companies like PEM ripping people off.

thanks

missytinklestar

Hi Joyce,

I managed to get a confinement lady though a friend's recommendation. Thanks so much for ur msg. Now only hope that everything goes smoothly. hee. :)

Hi missytinklestar,

I have a very good recommendation.
She is a confinement lady from KL, to both my sisters.
My elder sis had her when she gave birth to her 3rd child on Oct 2010. As my sis was very pleased with her service, she recommended her to my younger sis when she gave birth to her 2nd child last Sep 2011.
And has since recommended her to numerous of their friends.
If you are interested in booking her as your CL, do leave me a PM for my sister's contact.

kittymsmile

Dear friends,

I sincerely and hopefully to get a good nanny. Any good and reliable nanny to recommend me plz thk you so much? My EDD is mid March 2013. Pls msg me if any ths again...

aikomum

Hi mummies!

Im going to be a mum soon, I'm looking for confinement nanny, i would like to ask if someone here knows an agency that can provide a good one?

Thank you in advance..

SC Loo

the best still is to get recommendation from friend that use the nanny before. then check nanny availability, then ask the service covered. usually nanny main job is 24 hour taking care baby so mummy can have good rest for confinement period. then only mummy by cooking good nutrioutious food for faster faster recovery & laundry.

can try out Homey Confinement Agency (https://www.homeyconfinement.com) Nanny. they got experienced nanny.

try contact the owner directly at whasapp (+65 9392 3100). they will tailor made based on your requirement.