Confinement Lady Stay Home/Hospital During Delivery?

Ipadbee

If I hire a confinement lady, I would like her to arrive few days before my due date, to familiar with the area for marketing and the house etc....
When I give birth at the hospital, the confinement lady will go along to the hospital and stay in the hospital with me overnight or will she stay at the house and wait for us to come home?

Yeap

Ipadbee,

My advice is not necessary for the CL to stay in hospital with you or at your house, yes you can call her to familiar with the marketing etc... But bear in mind CL work for 28 days only so make good use of the 28 days.

diorly

Is this your first born? :) It is not necessary for the confinement lady to stay overnight with you at the hospital (What is she going to do there?) If you want her to arrive a 1-2 days before your EDD also can, so she will be familiar what to buy, get everything prepared and can probably make some chicken essence soup for you so that you will have energy to push...Then when you give birth, she can make red date tea (dont drink cold water) and yummy homecooked confinement food. It is really up to your comfort level, if you need someone to help you slightly earlier before your EDD, let your CL know.. Just that the average they work for 28 days only, unless you extend her

mummy0001

Hi ipadbee,

You will choose direct hire or you will get from the confinement agency?.. If you choose from the agency, it take times,,so better direct hire. Can you find now??