Confinement leave for PR

Mama_Mel

Dear all,

Just wanna to check, im a PR in SG and my husband is S'porean. Just want to check how many months of confinement leave i entitle?? Bcos my company told me i only have 2 months.... confuse now :err:

apple_san

I am same case as you. But my company Told me 4mth right... as Long as either father or mother is s'porean & baby must born in s'pore then will do..

Mama_Mel

I am same case as you. But my company Told me 4mth right... as Long as either father or mother is s'porean & baby must born in s'pore then will do..
Hi Apple_san, thanks for your quick reply... but where can i confirm and what documents can i show that i entitle for 4months leave?? :001_302:

-jOanna

Eligibility of Extended Maternity Leave for a foreigner or PR working in Singapore

The employee is entitled to maternity leave benefit if she is covered under the Employment Act, , regardless of her nationality. She will be paid for the first 8 weeks of maternity leave if she has fewer than 2 living children (excluding the newborn), and she has worked for the employer for at least 90 days before the birth of the child. Beyond the first 8 weeks, maternity payment from the employer is voluntary and the employer is not entitled to claim any reimbursement from the government.
The employee is entitled to maternity leave benefits under the Children Development Co-Savings Act, even if she is a foreigner or PR, if :

a) The child is a Singapore citizen; and
b) The child's parents are lawfully married ; and
c) The employee has worked for the employer for at least 90 days before the child's birth

You can look up for more information HERE

unforturnately only 8weeks, but if you wanna take 1 more month of unpaid leave (maximum if not wrong), do tell ur employer abt it..

Mama_Mel

Eligibility of Extended Maternity Leave for a foreigner or PR working in Singapore

The employee is entitled to maternity leave benefit if she is covered under the Employment Act, , regardless of her nationality. She will be paid for the first 8 weeks of maternity leave if she has fewer than 2 living children (excluding the newborn), and she has worked for the employer for at least 90 days before the birth of the child. Beyond the first 8 weeks, maternity payment from the employer is voluntary and the employer is not entitled to claim any reimbursement from the government.
The employee is entitled to maternity leave benefits under the Children Development Co-Savings Act, even if she is a foreigner or PR, if :

a) The child is a Singapore citizen; and
b) The child's parents are lawfully married ; and
c) The employee has worked for the employer for at least 90 days before the child's birth

You can look up for more information HERE

unforturnately only 8weeks, but if you wanna take 1 more month of unpaid leave (maximum if not wrong), do tell your employer about it..
Hi Joana, thanks for your info... :001_302:​