confinement period but didnt do it

Ivy Miao

Any mummies didnt do confinement? I didnt follow the rules.. due to no helper with a 2years old son and a 3week old daughter. dad always scare me next time old, bla bla bla.... cuz one of my auntie sufferring now. due to not listening to my grandma abt the confinement rules when she was young. im so dead....

xiaodaisy

i didnt really did my confinement for all 3 kids ..

#1 maybe lasted for 1wk , after tat i started to eat outside , drink cold drinks and bath and wash hair daily ..

#2 didnt even lasted for 3 days , i alrdy run out to had pizza hut with my mom and bump into my relatives ,how paiseh cos they suan me saying ''so enjoy life , eating pizza & drinking coke'' LOL ! bathed right after labour cos was sticky all over and couldnt stand it

#3 wanted to did a proper since should be the last one but nvr lasted more den 1wk haha ! had ice cream , bubble tea , bath 3 times per day (due to bf-ing , i wanted to be clean LOL) and wash hair daily ..

so far so good ! i hope by the time i'm old, i wont suffer too much haha !

Ivy Miao

Haha!! Bold of you... I'm afraid when old the problem start.. First child I finish my confinement rules... 2nd one, lasted for 2 weeks onli. After that went back to my own house and can't do it lo. Confinement tingkat so ex. So I got the normal tingkat... Let's just pray no problem when we gets old... :)

ftlad

I hired a confinement nanny but I didn't follow all d confinement rules. I start washing my hair on d 5th day but use herbal bath to clean body. I drank longan red date tea and ate fruits everyday. My wedding anni happens to fall on d confinement mth so I went out wif hubby to manhattan fish market to eat but only had rice n fish. :p
I hv a fren who is more traditional. She told me go out muz wear long sleeve top n long pants. I jokingly replied tat if I do tat, I wld hv contacted heat stroke b4 rheumatism. :p
Actually d "cannot bathe, cannot wash hair" rules is bcuz very very long time ago, d water is very dirty n they sleep on concrete floor so will get rheumatism when old. But SG water is so much cleaner n we dun sleep on d floor so shld not hv such prob. Juz ensure to keep yourself warm after bath to avoid catching a cold.

Ivy Miao

Yes! I agree... Last time water dirty and slp on floor... Think few decades time, there won't be any kore confinement rules.. Lol

maca

I too didn't do confinement. Was out almost every single to buy food for myself. So far so good. Finger crossed!

xiaodaisy

Haha!! Bold of you... I'm afraid when old the problem start.. First child I finish my confinement rules... 2nd one, lasted for 2 weeks onli. After that went back to my own house and can't do it lo. Confinement tingkat so ex. So I got the normal tingkat... Let's just pray no problem when we gets old... :)
haha ! actually i bear until very xinku , damn kiasi also but hated ginger alot until i totally don like confinement dishes haha !

yeah ~ lets finger crossed =x pray hard ! LOL

i feel very 放心 seeing all your comments hahahaha
my edd is on aug this year
not getting confinement also
cos i dont eat pig trotter, dont eat vinegar...cannot dont bath... cannot dont drink cold water...cannot dont go out

then my parents, in laws, friends everybody keep scaring/warn/threaten me on the aftermath....
now i know i make the right decision lol

xiaodaisy

i feel very 放心 seeing all your comments hahahaha
my edd is on aug this year
not getting confinement also
cos i dont eat pig trotter, dont eat vinegar...cannot dont bath... cannot dont drink cold water...cannot dont go out

then my parents, in laws, friends everybody keep scaring/warn/threaten me on the aftermath....
now i know i make the right decision lol
if u wanna go out , better go alone without the baby .. =)

Ivy Miao

Steffywoofy, better dun take cold water on the first or 2nd week. It's for ur uterus to contract properly. Avoid seafood for ue wound to recover fast and not have infection. After which, u can eat and drink whatever u want. Although I didn't follow confinement rules. But these 2 rules I follow for first 2 week. Dun carry heavy things too. In case of heavy bleeding... Might need operation...

Thank you ivy and daisy for sharing!

Will definitely abide to your 'rules' hehe
at least it makes sense to me...
Cos those old wive tales that says no bathing , no air on totally make no sense to me! Lol

Ivy Miao

Ya.. Some have to follow. Some no need. Lolx... For us this modern mummies la.. I have air con when sleeping. Wear long pants when in air con room. I didn't blow fan though.. Bath everyday with normal water. Lolx... Cleaniness very important..

arielc

so relieved to see this thread! i'm in my second week of confinement and feeling miserable cos cannot wash hair every day! pre-preggie and during preggie, i shower and wash her twice a day. now have to use these herbal bath and the water is so hot! once every few days when i'm 'allowed' to wash hair, immediate after i come out of hot bath, CL ask me to blow dry hair. and i'm perspiring again. bathe like never bathe like that :(

Sad 33

U gals sound so strong to me. Yr body a lot stronger than mine. Just a few days ago in my mini confinement, I was resting on my bed in air con room. I felt so hot N remove all the blanket and breAthe enjoyably into the cold air. But After 5 mins I start coughing like mad and it lasted for hours!