confirm pregancy

ellinlin

Hello! I am going to be a new mummy possibly... Who do you visit when you confirm your pregnancy, general doctor in clinic or your Gynae in TMC? When do you purchase package from your Gynae? Will Gynae do monthly check up for baby and me? Can you please give your advise?? thanks.

ceejayy

Depends on your preference. If you have the financial capabilities, you can choose to get recommendations of gynae from friends or forums. (Personally I recommend doctor wee horng yen) or you can choose to every two weeks visit doctors from some clinics you shortlist and then decide to see who you are more comfortable with.

Alternatively if you are on budget, go to Polyclinic and get referred to kkh. Of cos be prepared for different gynae every visit and long waiting time. :)

Most doctors packages start from the 12 weeks if I'm not wrong. And cheapest will be doctor Lawrence Ang. If no fuss pregnancy can visit him. But imho, if no fuss pregnancy might as well go kkh if you wanna visit him.. lol..

And yes if you take their package, they will check you monthly and also deliver your baby

Happy preggy days..

Last edited:

ceejayy

Try doctor wee horng yen. I believe he first deliver in tmc now.. call and check him up. You haven't confirmed your pregnancy? Or confirm just wanna do your first scan?

Think more importantly is where you stay. If you want a gynae near your house or workplace. Or maybe just a good gynae.

Come up with a "wishlist" and start from there.

happymoxy

Congrats on your pregnancy! I see Dr Paul Tseng from TLC Gynaecology, a pro-natural birth gyn. He followed through my birth plan and I had a smooth delivery drug free. Patient and friendly gynae.

NeyMO

Me too. I follow Dr Paul Tseng at TMC. Think he is very good at bedside.

Happymoxy, you mean you had a delivery without epidural? Really admire of your courage! Do you mind to share your experience?

happymoxy

I never thought that I will be able to make it through, but i must say the pain is bearable and my hubby was very supportive throughout the whole labour. We attended Ginny's hypnobirthing classes and they were informative.

I submitted my birth plan to Dr Paul and he followed through.

No enema, no episiotomy, no epidural, request to use birth stool... and yeah 13 hours in labour with 40 mins of pushing. Dr Paul came in 5 mins before my baby was born.

Before birth, swimming every weekend and also lots of walking and kegels exercise.
Downloaded an application to monitor contractions on my own.

You know, when it will come. You can time it.

During labour, it's all about mind over body. Think that contractions could bring you closer to see your baby soon. Focus and focus! I was walking up and down in the corridor, swaying my body, sip some water, get down on all fours when back aches so much.