Continue BF when pregnant?

wawa

I asked my gynae on thursday. He said usually he will recommend mummy to stop bfing as both inside and outside absorbing nutrients from mummy and mummy will be too weak. Well, he gave me some preggie formula to drink so I guess I will need x3 nutrient if i were to bf while bfing. I think whether one can bf while pregnant has to depends on individual's health and if the pregnancy is stable or not.

Yellow

Hello Mummies...

My Wife is pregnant with our 4th..And our third is just going 8 mons. old. Very Sad that she's having trouble to wean our Baby..He really refuses, tried already many formula..But sigh :( Baby really wants to suck direct to breast..Any Mummies have same problem facing? And can advise if what formula really close to the taste of breastmilk?

Thank you in advance.

allycat

Hello Mummies...

My Wife is pregnant with our 4th..And our third is just going 8 mons. old. Very Sad that she's having trouble to wean our Baby..He really refuses, tried already many formula..But sigh :( Baby really wants to suck direct to breast..Any Mummies have same problem facing? And can advise if what formula really close to the taste of breastmilk?

Thank you in advance.
Dont think there's any as the taste of breast milk will change depending on what mommy eats.

wawa

Hello Mummies...

Thank you in advance.
My boy has gradually accepting bottle feeding. I asked my PD previously regarding which formula is nearest to breastmilk, he gave me 3 brands. I only remember similac and nan. I used similac follow-on.

First time he only drank 40ml, 2nd day 60ml, 4th day 120ml and 4th day 150ml. I didn't force him to continue drinking on the first day. Just let him try on the milk and I didn't make the milk too warm since he is used to direct latching all along. On the 2nd day, I even had to walk around to feed him.

Perhaps he doesn't like the teat? I tried on Tommy Tippee and he doesn't reject it so I didn't try on other brands.