contraction but not giving birth?

Hi having any mummy experience having contraction but was told cervix not open? I have a bad contraction yesterday and went down to Kandang Kerbau Hospital. do a ctg and there are real contraction. Doctor do all check but cannot explain why. Did any mummy experience this before?

Last edited:

syupei

Hi having any mummy experience having contraction but was told cervix not open? I have a bad contraction yesterday and went down to Kandang Kerbau Hospital. do a ctg and there are real contraction. Doctor do all check but cannot explain why. Did any mummy experience this before?
I experience contraction when I was 31weeks pregnant. Cervix wasn't open. Was given jabs to fasten bb lung development in case of premature.

To keefu: yup.. totally nt diluted. Still having contraction on and off from that day till now. Doctor just give me some pills for the contraction. But i m only 11 more days to full term (as in 37 week). So worry that baby will pop out at odd hours. To syupei:How did ur gynae help u? What did he say? thank for sharing.

syupei

To keefu: yup.. totally not diluted. Still having contraction on and off from that day till now. Doctor just give me some pills for the contraction. But i m only 11 more days to full term (as in 37 week). So worry that baby will pop out at odd hours. To syupei:How did your gynae help you? What did he say? thank for sharing.
I was hospitalize for two days, given jabs to fasten bb lung development in case of premature. After discharge I was given pills for contractions. Do eat the pill. I didn't eat for one time, one week later I experience heavy bleeding four times and was hospitalized again. And was detected having regular contraction every one minute but i don't feel pain. Yours is babygirl or babyboy? May you have smooth delivery :)

I was hospitalize for two days, given jabs to fasten baby lung development in case of premature. After discharge I was given pills for contractions. Do eat the pill. I didn't eat for one time, one week later I experience heavy bleeding four times and was hospitalized again. And was detected having regular contraction every one minute but i dont't feel pain. Yours is babygirl or babyboy? May you have smooth delivery :)
Omg... how long have u suffer? I'm just another 10 days to consider full term my pain is like unbearable. How I hope I can just ask the doctor to tk out my bb so I can rest for a night. Btw have u given birth? this is my second preggy and it also a gal. When I hv my first gal I pain for only 2 day and It already like killing me.
Btw, thank for ur blessing just hope this end soon.

syupei

I was in pain for just two hour. have you considered inducing when full term? I've given birth alr, my girl is now 2month 4days old:) she was also induced. You're welcome!

MeganLim

Hi

I have contraction in 31-33 wk on off. Went Kk 2 times and cervix not dilated.
Was also give steroid jab and stay in Kk for 2 days.

34 wk contraction got more n pain. Went to see gyn and 3cm dilated.

Gyn say baby too big 3.2nd n can allow me to give birth.
Bb stayed in special care unit for 5 days as she is premature bb.

Everything is fine now.

Take care

To syupei,
I did think of induce when full term but I'm nt sure can anot. But after this few days totally rest in bed, I really feel much better. But once I walk too much or carry too much thing and tat it I will start having contraction thur out the night again. coz I'm already on maternity leaves so I have nothing else to do except waiting to give birth. I don't know is this pain due to tiredness or a sign of preparing for big day but I'm really very tired liao.
To Megan lim,
you must be very xin ku after so many weeks of pain. But your contraction when u mention more pain mean? Do you mind tell me more? I suspect I'm in the same case as u.

MeganLim

Ya very Xin ku. Hardly walk. Start to walk a few steps then tummy harden.
Contraction starts with pain like slight tummy ache or menses pain type.

Ur situation seems to be very similar to mine. Just be careful and if u have contraction with slight pain pls see Ur gyn.

I do feel some sharp pain sometime don't know if it normal. Sometime the pain too long it becomes back bone pain then my whole lower body will feel like cannot move. Some told me is because of the pressure of baby. Some even told me to wait for show or water break liao then go. Hai. . I'm so confuse la. Do u feel the same as me?

LadySerene

Hi Mummies,

This is my 3rd pregnancy and i had early contractions at week 18 and was hospitalised due to that... after discharge was given 2 months of HL to stay at home and was on regular medications for controlling contractions... then last week i returned to work and who knows yesterday (@30 weeks) i had regular contractions and was admitted to the labour ward...

lucky thing is cervix is not dilated and contrations were under control after i was put on drip... now admitted to ward for observation and hopefully i can return home tomorrow.... but still was told to be on regular medications and also rest at home till delivery.....

as my 2nd pregnancy was also a pre term labour at 33 weeks, this is the reason why my 3rd pregnancy i had early contractions...

but mummies, dont worry even when there is contractions, as long as cervix is not dilated and medications can control the contractions, im sure baby will be fine and pray hard that they will stay in us till full term....:001_302:

Thank syupei, I hope so too. Now 37 wk liao everyday counting down... Still no sign of labour except for tat on and off contraction... pray hard my bb don overdue.. tired of waiting... hahaha