Cord blood banking

My gynae introduced me abt cord blood banking.. Any mummies or mtb had or planning to store baby cord blood?

My friend say isn't realli a need to store.. But reading the brochure etc seems useful..

banner82

21 years. thereafter, i can either transfer the cordblood in my son's name, renew under my name or donate to national cord blood bank. pls refer to the fee structure provided at their website. http://www.stemcord.com/enrol.html

Another thing, you can enjoy $50 discount off your 2nd year fee if have a referee upon enrolment. you just need to quote their SCP number. Try to sign up during seminar because they may offer discount off their enrolment fee as well.

Last edited:
Me & hubby signed up our baby at Cordlife since they have more affiliations & technology wise, they're much more ahead of Stemcord. We think of it not only to secure baby's health but also might be useful for both of us in the future just incase something happens :)

Yep. Same reason I chose Cordlife over Stemcord. They're AABB accredited. I paid the whole lump sum and forget about it. No need to think about it till my babies turn 21.

feeyona

Signed up with Cordlife too, at their seminar recently.
Part of it can be paid by CDA, so not that bad afterall. :)

cseen

if you have the FBI card can discount $450 and if there's a friend banking with cordlife can use their name for referal deduct another $50. I just sign u on sat. no payment immediately as i am using cda account for deduction so. if you are banking in baby bonus 1st payment and govt is matching 1 for 1..

Hi Mummies,

Cordlife is having special promotion for the month of march. Up to $800 discount for 21 years plan. I am intending to take up the 21 years and pay with CDA account so you only need to put in half the amount of the total sum. Don't have to worry about the annual storage fee for 21 years. I heard they will be setting up a booth at the babycare festival. Wondering if there will be more goodies there. Will go and check it out. : )