Cordblood Banking-Private or Public

An72

The fundamental difference between Cord blood banking should be noted. Cord blood stored with private banks is reserved for use of the donor child only. In contrast, cord blood stored in public banks is accessible by anyone with a closely matching tissue type. This term do not necessarily indicate the funding source, but rather the availability of use.There have a thousand of collection plus an annual storage fee. A public bank usually will not charge the collection fee when cord blood is donated. However, the doctor will probably still charge a nominal fee, which usually isn't covered by insurance. Or the doctor may donate time for the procedure.

Last edited:

dapheng

for private, i read up on cordlife, they provide the ultimate plan for mummy and daddy. benefit such as safety, shield, trust and ultiplus :D CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO!!!
they got a talk on OCT 2ND AND IS FREEEE!!!! GO SEE NOW :Dancing_wub:

An72

Private or Public .. makes no difference as doesn't mean you keep it you will need to use it or able to use it and doesn't mean you donate you can't came across to use it one day and its free, so in my opinion it would be good to donate out since it is free and painless :wong18:

I agree. The importance between Private or Public Cord Blood Banking are not an issue. If you're going to donate it to those who are in need, the memory can last a lifetime thus it was a great legacy for you and your baby and truly a very symbolic act of giving and sharing. The umbilical cord that was once connected to you and your baby, sustained life to your child can still do its function even after birth to another life this time. Always remember, it's always better to give than to receive.

Last edited:

fangying

in my opinion at least one child's cord blood should be privately banked as an assurance so if there's a need for it in future you'll know that you have a back-up for sure. But for public there is no guarantee that you will have access to it in future should there be a need for the blood. I checked out CordLife too and they seem good! Going to attend a free talk on oct 2! All mummies should go down to find out more info :shyxxx:

Jacelynling

in my opinion at least one child's cord blood should be privately banked as an assurance so if there's a need for it in future you'll know that you have a back-up for sure. But for public there is no guarantee that you will have access to it in future should there be a need for the blood. I checked out CordLife too and they seem good! Going to attend a free talk on oct 2! All mummies should go down to find out more info :shyxxx:
Hi,

You also can attend the cord blood seminar on below : -

25 September 2010, Saturday
12.00pm – 5.00pm​
Orchard Parade Hotel, Antica Ballroom, Level 2

newpromo1108smal.jpg

cmeilim

hi mummies,

while it's good out of interest/curiosity and knowledge gain to attend pte cordblood bank talks, please bear in mind also what you will NOT get to learn during these talks, and seek information elsewhere so that you can make informed choices regarding banking/donating your cordblood.

JTS what all private banking cord blood banks NEVER tell their potential clients is that if you bank child #1's cord blood and #2 is diagnosed to have a disease that is GENETIC or hereditary, it is very unlikely that you can use #1's cord blood you have banked because the same genetic abnormality that has caused the disease in #2 is probably already present in #1's cord blood.

i think we all can identify with the experience when insurance agents and financial planners try to sell us their policies, plans and services, they always tell us the good stuff. but the things they underwrite, exclusions, barring/waiting period, terms n conditions, etc are all in the fine print of the very thick wad of contract, which we have to read through carefully ourselves to discover. it's the same with pte cordblood banking. =)

Last edited:

cmeilim

i urge all mummies here to go and read the other longer cord blood banking thread at http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f34/cord-blood-banking-455/index3.html#post442504. In particular what forum member PTB7476 posted yesterday.

i don't have problem with business people trying to make a living and profit. but i personally feel it is very unethical to hide MEDICAL TRUTHS intentionally or only tell HALF-TRUTHS and EXPLOIT EXPECTANT PARENTS' VULNERABILITY for the sake of profiteering. It's tantamount to emotional blackmail.