Cordlife

ast0212

I didn't. I felt it was not worth it. I did delayed cord clamping instead. Read somewhere that delayed cord clamping is more beneficial.

Hakida

Hi Mummies

Anyone sign up for cordlife??
Care to share the details and costs?

Thanks..
Hi I sign up with cordlike paid a total of $5617.50 until her 21st birthday.Personally,I feel that cord blood is like buying insurance.the cord blood stems can be used for life-saving treatments.And every child is precious ,as a parent,I want to play safe.
even if you do not wish to join cord life,you can still donate it to another organisation.

cyberie

Hi I sign up with cordlike paid a total of $5617.50 until her 21st birthday.Personally,I feel that cord blood is like buying insurance.the cord blood stems can be used for life-saving treatments.And every child is precious ,as a parent,I want to play safe.
even if you do not wish to join cord life,you can still donate it to another organisation.
i agree... but the cost is really quite high...
hmm .. pay using cash??

angelwendy

Did the hospital u choose provide talk on this? when i had my boy i went to the talk in KKH... Actually i didnt invest on this... I donate it to the public.... Because u have to understand is that if touch wood the family genes if there is any sickeness... the cordblood cannot be used anymore...

cyberie

Did the hospital u choose provide talk on this? when i had my boy i went to the talk in KKH... Actually i didnt invest on this... I donate it to the public.... Because u have to understand is that if touch wood the family genes if there is any sickeness... the cordblood cannot be used anymore...
there was a talk... but it ended very fast... din really understand fully the details..
hmm ... many ppl tell me i should keep .. but the cost is not cheap...
and i am unsure of how beneficial it is...

Hakida

There is a cord life booth at Singapore expo now,perhaps you want to go and listen and find out more.
actually,you can just go and listen.no obligations to sign up .

cyberie

There is a cord life booth at Singapore expo now,perhaps you want to go and listen and find out more.
actually,you can just go and listen.no obligations to sign up .
yeah.. i went down expo.. listen and also sign-up at the same time..
:)

ah mum mum

Hi fellow mummies,

Heard from Cordlife that there is no referral discount for the mum who is going to sign up. Is that true? I understand that for Stemcord, both the referring and referred mums will both get $50 discount.

Thanks in advance! :001_302:

huilee

mum mum,

I am a Cordlife member.

For the upcoming Baby Expo this weekend, Cordlife is offering $100 worth of shopping vouchers upon signing up on 20 July 2012 if you are referred by existing Cordlife member.
Pls email me at dizzyd3280@gmail.com if you are interested.

huilee

Hi hi, if anyone needs Cordlife referral to enjoy $100 shopping vouchers during Baby Expo on 14-16 Dec 2012, pls PM me. I am more than happy to refer you. Thanks.

huilee

Hallo....

Just to share with you.

If anyone want to sign up for baby's cord blood banking with Cordlife during month of June 2013, I can refer you as a friend.
We each can get $150 worth of shopping vouchers.
Do email me at dizzyd3280@gmail.com or PM me if you are interested.
Thanks.

Veronleo

Just to give them a call and find out more. To my surprise is not expensive at all. U can use CDA to pay.
There's 2 kind. One is cord blood, another one is cord tissue. Cure diff sickness. According to them.. Cord blood is curing cancer, leukemia, blood disorder etc. which cost $2150 as for now. And every year is $250. $2150 u can use CDA to pay. Once u give birth, open an Ocbc acct to ur baby. How much u deposit , gov will match yr amount. Example u deposit $2000 , gov will add another 2k for u. So $2150 u only pay about 1k cash. As for cord tissue, is curing heart attack etc... The price is $2880 for 5 years. This one only accept cash / cheque/ credit card. Cannot use CDA. Credit card got 0% installment plan. Remember they need 4-6 weeks to prepare. So u have to inform ur Gynae u r keeping yr cord blood or cord tissue. They know what to do. Cordlife will give u a kit to collect it when delivery. No harm to give them a call rather than guessing here and there.. I prefer cordlife than stemcord becos is cheaper.

Kokura

I wonder how does one decide between SBCC & Cordlife??? What are the factors to take into consideration?
I want to keep my bb's cord blood because it will be such a waste to throw a life-saving tissue away.

huilee

Hi Kokura,

To what I understand. If you donate thru Singapore Cord Blood Bank (SCBB), the umbilical cord blood will be made available to any matched patient in the need of Stem Cell Transplant. Whereas for private Cordblood bank such as Cordlife in ur question, they store the umbilical cord blood units for a fee and the collected umbilical cord blood is only for the family’s own personal use.

Anyway, if anyone decide to bank with Cordlife during Parenthood Fair 8-10 Nov 2013 at Expo, I can refer you as a friend.
We each can get $100 worth of shopping vouchers.
Do email me at dizzyd3280@gmail.com or PM me if you are interested.
Thanks.