Cost of Delivery at Gleneagle Hospital

AngieC

Hi all

Was wondering how much it'll cost to have my baby delivered at Gleneagle.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to know the cost for both natural delivery and C-section!

tks a lot!

HELO. i just gave birth at gleneagles hospital 26th june. following is my bill. hope it helps.

2bedded package - $1500.00
extra charges - $147.62
gst 7% - $115.33
TOTAL HOSPITAL CHARGES - $1762.95

gynae charges - $963.00
*my gynae is from gleneagles medical centre. his delivery package is $1k. ive paid $500 cash upon confirmation. so this $963 is the remaining $500 plus the fee of his checks in hospital after delivery.
baby's PD charges - $400.00
TOTAL DOCTOR FEE - $1363.00

TOTAL CHARGES FOR HOSPITAL STAY - $1762.95 + $1363.00 = $3125.95
TOTAL PAYMENT - $1k cash deposit upon admission + $500 cash upon confirmation of gynae package = $1500.00
TOTAL MEDISAVE DEDUCTION = $2600.00

$3125.95 - $2600.00 = $525.95
$1500.00 - $525.95 = $974.05
TOTAL AMT OF CASH PAID = $974.05

*i took the package with my gynae when i was 6 mth pregnant. 1st visit to his clinic was when im in my 2oth week. his package covers all consultation and scan charges and also includes the vitamin pills we have to take.
im super thankful to him as he helped me alot throughout the whole pregnancy. he gives his mobile to his patients so that if there's any emergencies, you can reach him immediatly. he answers calls and replies msgs in the middle of the night. and most importantly, he is super cautious kind who wanna ensure that everything goes well. so sometimes certain decision maybe unnecessary to us, but for him, he just wanna play safe la.
he's not the kind who will talk super lots. but he will tell you important things you have to take note of. you will have to take initiative and ask him if you have any questions or doubts. reason is, he has many patients and all patients are diff. so he cant possibly tell everyone the same ting. cos diff people have diff concern.

i actually booked for thomson medical centre cause i was born there so i wanted to give birth there too. but i changed my mind very last min due to my gynae la. and i would say IM GLAD I CHANGED HOSPITAL. the service at gleneagles are so super super good. their nurses are very pro-breastfeeding. will always check whether you are latching on correctly. whether you need any help etc. i personally STRONGLY recommand gleneagles!!

Wow ... sounds like your doctor is very good... may i know the name of your doctor?
to me he's super good la. i wanted to book dr jen from amk central initially. then my mum insist i take this gynae. found some negative comments of him in forum. was quite worried back then but im glad i stick to him!!
i would say he is a very experience gynae.. and he make good judgement. save pain save time. twice.
dr gordon tan. and not forgetting his sharon and cynthia. the two 'nurses' at his clinic.

AngieC

happymummy07,

i'm so amazed that your cost seems so low compared to the prices I got quoted from my dr. Dr. LC Foong. Who's very nice but going in, I had an feeling he wans't going to be cheap.

He told me that a normal delivery would cost about 6000-7000, and c-section would be somewhere between 9000-10000

If you book a 2 bed package, was the husband allowed to stay overnight?
and how often did you have the baby in the room with u?

tks!

happymummy07,

i'm so amazed that your cost seems so low compared to the prices I got quoted from my dr. Dr. LC Foong. Who's very nice but going in, I had an feeling he wans't going to be cheap.

He told me that a normal delivery would cost about 6000-7000, and c-section would be somewhere between 9000-10000

If you book a 2 bed package, was the husband allowed to stay overnight?
and how often did you have the baby in the room with you?

thanks!
huh?! where got so ex... if i include all my prenatal checks before i took the package. plus all lab tests. total cash paid only 2k plus i tink.
how many month are you now? you want natural delivery or c sect?
eh.. i dont think hubby allowed to stay overnight. but baby can stay with you throughout. they will only bring baby back when the pediatrician need to check every morning.
are you a local? my mama say foreigner will more expensive.

Last edited:

ochklk

Mine is a C-section on Feb 2009, half body epidural, after deduct medisave need to pay around cash $5000 plus, but include $800 package for the routine check up after Trimester 1, I stayed in 1 bedded room, hubby stayed with me 2 nites (chargable include all meals and bed). And also include my son PD and he stayed extra one night cos of jaundice, all included.

I was off the bed the second day and to the nursey myself, my bb stayed with me the whole day unless when we change his diaper he urine all over, then we have to push him back to ask the nurse to change the bed bed for us and at night.

I chose Gleneagles cos my Gynae only delivers there but she got good stitching and I can walk on my own to the nursey myself on my second day after they remove the tube for urine and I can also iron and wash my hubby clothes the 2nd day after discharge and I take care of my son myself.

I have back ache think due to the epidual, I suggest you use GA unless you like me want to see yr BB immediately. Hee.. Remember to take camera in if you use half body epidural. Can take short movie and pictures. PM me if you want to add me to facebook to see my boy cleaning up by the nurse video.

chiro

i stayed there for 5 days 4 nites in a double bedded rm .i was induced 3times n bb came out by c section. Total bill was $7k, paid half im cash.

Inclusive pd fees of $120, anathesist 400,gynae 1200.

Ds got jaundice also..

No hospital package

The medical team did not allow dh to take too much fotos... Sigh..

Mine is a C-section on Feb 2009, half body epidural, after deduct medisave need to pay around cash $5000 plus, but include $800 package for the routine check up after Trimester 1, I stayed in 1 bedded room, hubby stayed with me 2 nites (chargable include all meals and bed). And also include my son pediatrician and he stayed extra one night cos of jaundice, all included.

I was off the bed the second day and to the nursey myself, my baby stayed with me the whole day unless when we change his diaper he urine all over, then we have to push him back to ask the nurse to change the bed bed for us and at night.

I chose Gleneagles cos my Gynae only delivers there but she got good stitching and I can walk on my own to the nursey myself on my second day after they remove the tube for urine and I can also iron and wash my hubby clothes the 2nd day after discharge and I take care of my son myself.

I have back ache think due to the epidual, I suggest you use GA unless you like me want to see your baby immediately. Hee.. Remember to take camera in if you use half body epidural. Can take short movie and pictures. PM me if you want to add me to facebook to see my boy cleaning up by the nurse video.

Jacelynling

Mine is a C-section on Feb 2009, half body epidural, after deduct medisave need to pay around cash $5000 plus, but include $800 package for the routine check up after Trimester 1, I stayed in 1 bedded room, hubby stayed with me 2 nites (chargable include all meals and bed). And also include my son pediatrician and he stayed extra one night cos of jaundice, all included.

I was off the bed the second day and to the nursey myself, my baby stayed with me the whole day unless when we change his diaper he urine all over, then we have to push him back to ask the nurse to change the bed bed for us and at night.

I have back ache think due to the epidual, I suggest you use GA unless you like me want to see yr baby immediately. Hee.. Remember to take camera in if you use half body epidural. Can take short movie and pictures. PM me if you want to add me to facebook to see my boy cleaning up by the nurse video.
hi,

Can i add you in facebook?
If yes , please give me your e-mail address.I would like to see the video for your boy cleaning up by the nurse:001_302:

vel

Hi I was trying to calculate base on the website
Women and Children

I am expecting with delivery with epidural. do I take the first value below to be the room + delivery room rates?
first timer not sure.

•Double
Room
(2 days) 1,898

desi2832

It really depends on your gynea and length of stay. Gleneagles has a package for 2 bedder and 1 bedder just for the accomodation bit and gynea expenses ( between 2-5K depending on Natural/C sect and accomodation), and then there is the gynea charges as well as the cost of the op theatre, anesthetist ( I had an emergency C sect so my cost exploded). etc. My gynea also insists all his patients have drainage tubes to drain all the fluid out of his patients which would usually be a 5-6 night stay rather than the usual 3 nights for C sect but unfortunately due to my very bad water retention I stayed a total of 14 nights.

Angeldust

Add the pkg pricing for accommodation (note its b4 gst & depending on mode of delivery)
Gynae delivery fees (depending on gynae & mode of delivery)
Epidural dr fees if applicable
Pd fees
misc fees such as surgical supplies, lodger etc
From the other thread, trend for normal delivery single room total bill approx 7.5-7.6K before medisave deduction.

Last edited:

Smurfete

I paid $9800 for hospital and gynae charges together in May 2012. Natural delivery with epidural. Gynae charge 4200 (for delivery and 3 ward visits), $5600 for hospital charge on single room 3 night stay, PD charges, epi doc. Deducted $3000 from medisave, $6800 in cash

Smurfete, who is ur gynae.. $4200 for natural delivery is quite steep?
Why do you need to stay 3 days?
Mine is 7.6k for 2 nights stay :)
Thinking for num 2 maybe i will opt for 2 bedder ...

Smurfete

Dr. Ang Huai Yan. Because she visited me 3 times, plus stemcord collection. I think each time is $300.
She charges almost the same fee for natural or c-sect. Her charges are quite pricey but skills are really good. Delivery is very smooth. Stayed for 3 nights to get some rest, I did not hire confinement lady.

Smurfete, who is ur gynae.. $4200 for natural delivery is quite steep?
Why do you need to stay 3 days?
Mine is 7.6k for 2 nights stay :)
Thinking for num 2 maybe i will opt for 2 bedder ...