Costa Rica family vacation

Want to take our two teenage boys on a trip - looking at a trip over spring break. Neither one is very interested in fishing, although I want to go out rooster fishing at least one day. Anyone have any recommendations for a safe resort with access to some jungle tours, beaches etc?

LaurenWiggs

I can't help you with a name by my daughter and her family took a nice trio to Costa Rica a few years ago. She actually found a single family home that rented by the week and they stayed there. They flew in, rented a car, stopped at a grocery store to pick up some supplies and settled in for the week. The home was amazing up on the side of a mountain with a forever swimming pool on one side of the home. They took plenty of side trips while they were there and all in all a wonderful time. Be safe

olivi1980

I totally get where you're coming from! Costa Rica is an awesome destination. When I took my family there, we stayed in the Arenal area, and it had great jungle tours, hot springs, and beautiful beaches nearby. Consider checking out the Nayara Resort. It offers a perfect blend of adventure and relaxation. Also, use this insurance (www.tiendasagicor.com) to be safe. I hope you enjoy it!

sandrahofis

I've been to Costa Rica once; I liked it. It's not overly touristy, and the folks there are incredibly friendly. So, you will like it for sure.

mukinurmorad

I've been to Costa Rica a couple of times, and let me tell you, it's a paradise for adventure seekers. Now, considering your boys aren't too keen on fishing, but you want to get your rooster fishing fix, here's my recommendation: Los Altos Resort (www.losaltosresort.com). This place is special. It's not your typical run-of-the-mill resort. It's tucked away in Manuel Antonio, and it's got everything you need. You can spend your day chasing those roosters while your boys explore the jungle, and then you can all reunite to enjoy the beautiful beaches nearby.

If your boys aren't into fishing, no worries – there's so much more to explore. Look for resorts like Dreams Las Mareas or The Springs Resort & Spa, which offer jungle tours, zip-lining, and beach access. Another option is to check out eco-lodges like Lapa Rios or Nayara Springs for a more immersive jungle experience. If you need more options, check out Costaricafocus.com for their tour packs. They have a variety of packages that cater to different interests and preferences. Have a nice vacation!

Last edited: