Cough

LoVeS

Normally i will juz leave it coz 2 diff PDs told me the same thing tt infant r still young whereby their liver r not mature yet so by taking medications r nt gd for them n normally cough or flu will go away by 1-2wks time even w/o medications. So normally i aso nv do anything except for giving my ds more water to drink.

~m3m~

Thanks all. Had brought my bb to see a paed. 1st time we brought him there he said he looks ok to him so just monitor him 1st. We left the clinic without any medication, nothing. I was a bit angry inside my heart because from what I had observed my baby, he can't be 'nothing'.

The same night, his cough worsen. Two days later brought him back to the paed again because he has been coughing and he seems to be suffering (xing ku). The paed examined him and said he has slight bronchilitis, around the border.

During his birth he had already told me that baby may have the tendency to have bronchitis in future too since his sister had it (now has developed into asthma already). Before we leave the clinic, my baby was put on the neubeliser first then after that we left the clinic with the cough and wheezing med and for phelgm as well.

Last edited:

LoVeS

Thanks all. Had brought my bb to see a paed. 1st time we brought him there he said he looks ok to him so just monitor him 1st. We left the clinic without any medication, nothing. I was a bit angry inside my heart because from what I had observed my baby, he can't be 'nothing'.

The same night, his cough worsen. Two days later brought him back to the paed again because he has been coughing and he seems to be suffering (xing ku). The paed examined him and said he has slight bronchilitis, around the border.

During his birth he had already told me that baby may have the tendency to have bronchitis in future too since his sister had it (now has developed into asthma already). Before we leave the clinic, my baby was put on the neubeliser first then after that we left the clinic with the cough and wheezing med and for phelgm as well.
actually whenever a bb is sick b it cough or flu or watever they tend to look suffering which is the same for adults. I tink ur PD said look ok meaning is NOT tt serious as cough n flu r very common for infants n tend to go away soon.

Anyway hope ur ds get well soon.:wong19:

simplyjo

Hi, got this tip from friends and find it helpful...

"To stop night-time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vaporub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief."

Tried on my kids, it does help to relieve them from the cough. Help you find it useful too...

~m3m~

Hi, got this tip from friends and find it helpful...

"To stop night-time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vaporub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief."

Tried on my kids, it does help to relieve them from the cough. Help you find it useful too...
oh yes i knew abt tis method too but it works on my gal only but not my bb leh. @ 1st i dare not rub tis on him as he's only a few mths old (vicks not 4 below 2yo) but as he's coughing badly, no choice i juz tried but doesn't work on him :nah: