Could I be pregnant?

xiechuiting

Hi,

My husband and I are ready and are trying for a baby. The last time I had my period was on the 6th Jan. I had unprotected sex with my husband just 2 days ago, on the 22nd Jan. Not sure if I'm pregnant as the only symptom I have is feeling nauseous since this morning. Plus queasy feeling i'm experiencing in my tummy. I've read many articles and forum articles and I've got mixed views about when pregnancy symptoms can start to emerge.
But my question is, will I be pregnant if I have sex with my husband (with me at the top, and after he retracted his penis, i laid on my back to rest for a while) on e 22nd, based on the last day of my period being on e 6th Jan? Just a bit more info,
I'm 26 this year, by the way. This is our first child and I'm praying hard for some answers. Thank you! =)

babykling

I think the best way to know is to get urself a preg test kit from watsons or guardian and test. Try to use the morning first pee to be more accurate. Good luck!

xiechuiting

Which pregnancy test kit brand would you recommend? Plus, it's only been 2 days... Will my hcg level be high enough to detect? =)

xiechuiting

By the way, as I'm a Pre school educator by profession, is it alright for me to jump, hop and run with the kids? I do quite a fair bit of carrying in a day as well. I have to carry the toddlers at times cuz some were crying really badly. Will this affect my pregnancy (physically) IF I'm pregnant?

Amulet

By the way, as I'm a Pre school educator by profession, is it alright for me to jump, hop and run with the kids? I do quite a fair bit of carrying in a day as well. I have to carry the toddlers at times cuz some were crying really badly. Will this affect my pregnancy (physically) IF I'm pregnant?
Don't worry.. As long as the baby is healthy, the pregnancy won't be affected by physical activities like this.. Good luck!

Try not to run and engage in activities that requires balancing, it will bring hazard to the baby. This is told by my gyane.

pocus2000

At the meantime.... don't stop making babies until you supposed next period. And for maximum effect tell your huby stop lazing around with you on top cos that's the least potent method to conceive. Try deeper penetration like missionary or doggy. Also don't oral him before the act cos saliva may kill the sperms...

Any cheap pregnancy test kit will do, don't waste money on expensive ones, not nessesary "clear blue" although that's like the most common brand around, cos HCG levels don't lie and test kits are very simple devices.

If your lifestyle is active, don't worry and carry on as usual...until you confirm you are pregnant, then see gynae for advise. My wife was still cycling in ECP the day before we discovered she's 4 weeks pregnant!

Goodluck...

yng2010

Hi,

If you are having a regular period, it will be good to know when your ovulation dates are when you are trying for a baby this will increase the chance. (You can also check this out on the internet)
You could just this online due date calculator so this will tell you when you should use the pregnancy test kit. Pregnancy Test Timing Calculator - When Should I Test? | Countdown to Pregnancy
Try not to do so much strenuous exercise if you are trying to conceive during the month, might not be good if are indeed pregnant already.

Good luck gal!

EvangelineS

it's really too early to check for any signs. wait till when you're supposed to have your next period then you should roughly know ba. :)

xiechuiting

Hi, thanks for the advice. I think I need to clarify something. My hubby is not lazing around, by not wanting to be at the bottom. In fact, on our wedding night itself, we tried it with me at the bottom for a couple of weeks. We have had no experience in this at all. Call us frog in the well, but, it was both our virgin experience. After a while, we got frustrated and decided that I should try being at the top.

Somehow, it's a lot more pleasurable and easier for ejaculation for him. Anyway, we weren't planning for a baby then, until now. Any case, we won't do other stuff that is unconventional except sexual intercourse. We have no idea and do not wish to know how to do it either. Thanks for your advice.

Just out of curiosity, u mentioned, your wife?but your account is of female gender. Just a thought. No offense =)

thanks for advice! Will wait till my next period is due, which would be in a few days time! For once, I'm praying hard that my period would not arrive! :p ever since I first started this thread, we've tried not using the condoms on 2 occasions. =) will keep trying nonetheless! =)

pocus2000

Hi, thanks for the advice. I think I need to clarify something. My hubby is not lazing around, by not wanting to be at the bottom. In fact, on our wedding night itself, we tried it with me at the bottom for a couple of weeks. We have had no experience in this at all. Call us frog in the well, but, it was both our virgin experience. After a while, we got frustrated and decided that I should try being at the top.

Somehow, it's a lot more pleasurable and easier for ejaculation for him. Anyway, we weren't planning for a baby then, until now. Any case, we won't do other stuff that is unconventional except sexual intercourse. We have no idea and do not wish to know how to do it either. Thanks for your advice.

Just out of curiosity, u mentioned, your wife?but your account is of female gender. Just a thought. No offense =)

thanks for advice! Will wait till my next period is due, which would be in a few days time! For once, I'm praying hard that my period would not arrive! :p ever since I first started this thread, we've tried not using the condoms on 2 occasions. =) will keep trying nonetheless! =)
LOL I'm not literary saying your Hubby is lazing lah...it's only a figure of speech. :) I'm just telling you guys to try some of the basic advise on trying to conceive. And for sex position, you MAY need to know the tip and tricks cos down the road some couples were still not able to conceive and the root of the problem is ineffecient or lousy position. And of course we don't need to know your activities in details. Anyway I wish you goodluck.

Yes I'm a Father-to-be. I want to change the gender but can't seem to do it from the profile page.....Anyway there are more fathers lurking here than you think ;) Some are very experienced...

xiechuiting

Hahaha... Right.. I see.. My apologies =) oh.. I didn't know fathers would be THAT interested to sign up for such stuff =)
thanks! All the best to you too! =) will take that into consideration! =)

don

Alpha Male
Normally it takes ard a mth or so for the preg test to be accurate. Try the clear blue digital preg.. I dunno whether u believe or not.. if , must wait at least 3 mth after, then u declare ur pregnancy.. somehow its a taboo for chinese which I believe also.. ita believe that only after 3 mths, its stable. Dun worry abt jymping here n there.. juat dun take heavy stuffs..

tigermama

I think all home test kits work fine whether expensive or cheap. I bought the watsons brand and it served me well! I see the positive result in about 2 seconds!