crack "areola" due to exclusive pumping

Hi mummies,

I have been exclusive pumping bm for my bb. Few days ago my areola started to hv crack line. And I just saw that it started to hv more because my areola is a bit swollen. Wonder if that is the reason that cause it to have more cracks. It is painful even during showering. Applied Medela purelan crm but doesn't help much.

What can I do? Pain pain..........

paulinepoh80:794962 said:
Hi mummies,

I have been exclusive pumping bm for my bb. Few days ago my areola started to hv crack line. And I just saw that it started to hv more because my areola is a bit swollen. Wonder if that is the reason that cause it to have more cracks. It is painful even during showering. Applied Medela purelan crm but doesn't help much.

What can I do? Pain pain..........
Hello im also an exclusive pumper. It might be that your flange is too small. So changing e flanges might solve e problem. Pumping pals are a good choice. Ive nvr experience any pain aftee changing into them and my milk supply actually increase. Another method is to coat the flanges w olive or coconut oil before you pump. Cont to apply nipple cream to aid in healing. Hope it helps! :)

The flange u mean is breast shield diameter? I am using the correct size. I hv been pumping for 11 mths and this is the first time experiencing this. Skin surrounding is very dry. That's why I applied more Medela before pumping now.

crack "areola" due to exclusive pumping

most probably is prolonged pumping that cause skin to be dry. i think the only way is to keep moisturisng it till it heals. and in future, moisturise daily to keep skin from cracking.

few months back, i suffer from a cut in nipple, most probably also dry. took me 5 days to heal but i did not apply anything though.

so u keep moisturising , it might heal faster. maybe also dont pump too long during this period.

Yeah...... Now the thought of pumping really scared. I also "exposé the wound "at night when I sleep hoping that the wound dry faster. I do apply Medela crm also.