Cradle cap on baby's head

Vivic

My baby is 11 weeks now, but he's having cradle cap on his head. Not sure if this is common. How long does it take to heal? Is there anything I should take note when bathing my baby?

cindy50

My baby is 11 weeks now, but he's having cradle cap on his head. Not sure if this is common. How long does it take to heal? Is there anything I should take note when bathing my baby?
Its common, apply your baby head with olive oil it will take time to heal.

verieying

in addition to vivid mummy's suggestion, I've tried using those cradle cap shampoo for babies as well. just stop when it's all gone :) can buy fr pae or pharmacy or some departmental stores.

my baby also had cradle cap. but she also has it on her eyebrows. should i just leave it or will it go away on it's own?

ast0212

My baby had a bit and it was hard to get out because he had so much hair. We used olive oil as well and gently combed it out. We also stopped shampooing his hair as that dries it out more.

Vivic

I wanted to try dentinox, but my mother in-law said we can use coconut oil to comb it out. Is it safe to use? Anyone have any experience using coconut oil for baby's cradle cap?

Mummyman

I wanted to try dentinox, but my mother in-law said we can use coconut oil to comb it out. Is it safe to use? Anyone have any experience using coconut oil for baby's cradle cap?
I used Olive oil on my boy when he had it, or u could u an baby oil too, the smell of coconut might not be too appealing..anyway, its a small thing, it'll mostly come off in a couple of weeks. I actually aided my kid condition by using child safe plastic tweezers to peel the dried scalp off(some might not agree with this), only the dried ones, they sort of look like fish scales, I know they were dried cause they were kinda "floating", it'll come off with some hair, after several days and they were all gone, he had more hair on the sides then the center, which was a laugh:).

Last edited:

shuzhen

My boy has quite a lot and it's dry. He has a small patch oh his side burn and i peeled it out but his hair peeled off too.Is this the wrong way? What is the correct way to treat and it usually last for how long?

My boy used to had cradle cap (till forehead) when he was about 1 month. my hand so itchy, try to peel it myself but it will appear again. tried baby oil and dentinox as well. about 2 months+, his hair started to drop and we shaved his hair short. then cradle cap starts to clear by itself.

gumbokins

What I did was to gently massage a few drops of baby oil onto his scalp before his bath, then bath him as usual, and use a washcloth to gently rub the scalp. Give a few minutes for the oil to 'soften' the skin.