Cranky Baby

twiggiez

My girl is 6 months.
She's starting to refuse her feeds and has trouble sleeping.
i know it just started yesterday but i'm so worried... and sorry if it's too long.

i've looked up cranky babies on google. basically mentions that she's too hungry to sleep and too tired to eat.

she barely drank her milk. usually gave her 180ml. but starting last week she drank only about 120ml per feed. but she'd finish 180ml before bedtime. starting yesterday she drank only 60ml per feed.
i've been giving her heinz purees too. she used to finish the whole bottle if she likes the flavour. but recently she ate only half without spitting it out. and now for 2 days she spits out most of it and refuses to open her mouth after a few spoons.

yesterday she had trouble sleeping. my mom is taking care of her this week. she doesn't seem to nap. she'd yawn and scratch her head but when my mom tried to put her down, she cried.
at night too. i tried to feed her before bedtime. her last feed was about 3hrs before and only 120ml. she refused so i just gave her the pacifier. she only fell asleep at almost 11pm. woke up at 1am. tried to soothe her with the pacifier. it only worked for half hour. she wouldn't stop crying.
tried giving her milk. but she didn't want it. my mom carried her to soothe her. she managed to fall asleep. i decided to let her sleep in the living room. half an hour later she woke up again. my mom just patted and massaged her and thank god she fell asleep. finally we slept at 3am.

then today before i left for work, my mom gave her 120ml. but she finished only 60ml. my mom just updated me at noon. again it was only 60mls. she keeps yawning. but when my mom put her down when she had dozed off, she'd wake up and cry. even if my mom is lying down cuddling her like a koala.

i've been thinking it maybe due to the way my MIL looks after her. *she spends one week with MIL without me or hubby around* it seems that she only feeds my girl when she cries. and when she doesn't want to eat, MIL didn't even coax her to continue.
and at night instead of soothing her in the crib, MIL would let my girl sleep with her coz she'd get tired from getting up from bed and going to the crib.
and when MIL brings her out for jalan2, MIL doesn't even feed her just coz my girl dosn't cry/ask for it.

:bunsure:

hpc

Cranky have many reasons,eg change of people taking care of her,teething,stomach wind,wants to carry often.Ur baby maybe teething,apply bonjela cream,rub the gum more often,give cold teether,be more patient,jia u jia u............

lem0nlime

could be due to the change in the way your MIL is taking care of her? things shld improve once she gets used to the new routine. jia you jia you

twiggiez

my MIL has been taking care every alternate week since my girl was 3months.
just suddenly become like this. could be a phase i guess...

or as mentioned by hpc, could be teething.

she only gained 1 kg since her last check up 2 months ago. is this normal?

hpc

Doesn't matter how much weight gain,as long as no weight lost.Give teething biscuit to massage the gum.My grand-niece is 10mths but still no sign of teething,weighing 10kgs,on EBM+2 solids meals,alternate day give brown rice+daily a fruit,sleeps through at night after last feeding about 10pm till next morning 6.30am,no pacifer.I must let her eat healthy cos she is going for heart opt in Sept,jia u jia u........

hpc

Ok,give her more water/fruit juice after eating biscuits.Is her stool soft/watery,can see rice like partials in stool,is common,once teeth is out everything will go back to normal,jia u jia u....