Crawl first or sit first ?

Verona's

Hmm mummies would like to know if ur baby crawl or sit first & when will she start to sit or crawl :) She just learned to flipped her self & now dragging her body le , wonder when can she sit or crawl ..

Thanks ! :D

apollo

sit 1st then crawl. ds started sitting w/o surpport at ard 6mth+. crawl at nearly 9mth old.

annie

usually ppl says bb learn how to sit at 7mths n crawl at 8mths (just a guage). my girl start to sit at 6mths n crawl only at 8.5mths. she learn how to crawl then few days later she learn how to stand with support n few days later she learn how to cruise. all in 1 week hehe.

for flipping, she does tat a few times when she was 2.5mths then totally stop till she is about 6-7mths iirc...

diymummy

My boy could sit if we help him into sitting position at 6 mths. He started to drag himself at nearly 8 mths and crawling at 9 mths. After he learnt to crawl, he learnt how to sit up on his own.

apple.koh

My boy learn to flip at 3mth old.
Dragged himself super fast around the house at about 7mth old and sit my he is about 7.5mth old.
He is currently 8mth and 2days and he can crawl abit and back to dragging style when his tired.:we2Randy-git:

Verona's

Woh , so usually sit first then crawl .. Was wondering why my daughter drag herself tot she gonna crawl & she was drooling everywhere on our bed hehe . Thanks mummies ;)

kams

My daughter flipped at 4mths, sat on her own at 6mths, crawled on hands & knees at 7.5mths. Now at 8mths she is trying to pull herself up to standing position using the furniture. Will start cruising soon i guess.

cmeilim

my boy could flip and sit unsupported by abt 5.5-6 months. didn't get to crawl properly till he was 10-11 months. then suddenly he was pulling himself standing up, then took a bit more before he started cruising and now he just turned one yr old and started walking. each milestone is at different speed, some faster than others. real growth doesn't happen along a smooth upward curve but more like share prices with sudden spikes at certain times and breaks at other times while they develop other skills like linguistics, cognitive, sensorial etc. and of cos each baby is different. =)

LoVeS

usually is learn to sit wif support then slowly sit w/o support then crawl but sum kids will learn to crawl 1st~ Every kids r diff ~

annie

oh some kids skip crawling altogether n start to walk! so dun be too anxious if your baby dosent seem to be crawling. they might just surprise u with walking instead!

summerp

My boy is 8mths now, but still cannot sit steadily without support.. don't think he can crawl anytime soon...

LoVeS

oh some kids skip crawling altogether n start to walk! so dont be too anxious if your baby dosent seem to be crawling. they might just surprise you with walking instead!
yes i agreed !! My son is 1 of them tat simply skip crawl n juz learn to walk or cruising 1st~

cui_er

My girl now almost 7mths can't sit unsupported at all, but she can crawl very fast liao wor... not totally off the ground type, more like commando crawl but faster and faster each day. Can't leave her alone at all...

Verona's

I realised my daughter love to "stand" with us supporting her , we will let her sit with support but she will just want to stand , we slowly help her up when she lie down .. When she flip already she will start to drag her body , nice to see your own baby is doing new things everyday ;)

Ashbaby

I read from a magazine that if baby skip crawling and went straight to walking, these babies when grow up will have delay in learning.

I also read a article in parenting june issue regarding skipping the crawling stage, the child will tend to have a learning difficulty. Not all but the therapist notice that most children that they come in contact with skip the crawling stage. Also, the 1st qns that the therapist will ask the parents is whether the child crawl or not.

They were saying if the child skip the crawling stage, they will miss the chance to explore their surroundings. The chance to practice co-ordinating their arms and legs crawling moments which in turns will strengthen their left and right mind blah, blah, blah... Or something like that.

Verona's

Yes i bought the magazine too , just read it ..

Anyway , when can i start buy a baby walker ?
MIL wanted to buy for her but i am concern about whether she crawl or stand first after reading the magazine ..

cmeilim

Yes i bought the magazine too , just read it ..

Anyway , when can i start buy a baby walker ?
mother in law wanted to buy for her but i am concern about whether she crawl or stand first after reading the magazine ..
Hubby n I overruled my Mum's wishes n never got a walker for our boy. We read that PDs dun recommend cos it affects some physical structural devt of babies n can also lead them to tiptoe when they start walking. Also not true they can help babies learn how to walk earlier. My boy never used a walker n could walk supported at 12m n unsupported at 13m n he never tiptoes.

Hubby n I overruled my Mum's wishes n never got a walker for our boy. We read that PDs dont recommend cos it affects some physical structural devt of babies n can also lead them to tiptoe when they start walking. Also not true they can help babies learn how to walk earlier. My boy never used a walker n could walk supported at 12m n unsupported at 13m n he never tiptoes.
wow man..you all are good..i so tired...my boy just wants me to hold his hands and walk....can sit & crawl..but somehow cannot pull himself up to standing position...just keep screaming me to hold him up...then hold my hands tight and asking me to walk him the house continuously...in the end i put him in the walker.. doesn't tiptoe...as nowadays the walker can adjust the height one. my back bone cannot tahan man.