Crying in the middle of the night (12.30am to 3am) everyday!!!

Juz17

Hi,
I am a new mum to a 20 days old baby boy.
Initially when he was back home from hospital, he can sleep well until 2nd week onwards, he started crying in the middle of the night everyday! And he doesnt want to sleep in the day sometimes. And he only does that in the night...why anyone knows?
I brought him to polyclinic to see a doc on his flu recently and the doc prescribe colic drops. I fed him for 2 days then realise his face suddenly pop up lots of 'pimples'. So i stop feeding him colic drops and phlegm syrup cos i thought he might have allergy to the medicine. After 1 week, the 'red red pimples' still there. My friend then told me those are baby acne which will be gone after 1 - 2 mths.
So now, I want to know how to:

1) Be patient to my bb? I am running out of patience and i am very tired cos im still doing my confinement.
2) Diapers changed, milk fed, gave him pacifier too but he dunwan...and he cries non stop...tried to pat him to sleep but still cries...any solution??

Actually people tell me might be colic, he needs comfort, room temp too hot/cold, etc...but how how? :(

I guess i am just posting to 'vent' abit of my frastration. I am so tired of doing those things again and again but he still cry and cry...

Will going to temple ask medium works? Or will a amulet in ang bao works?

:( I wan to cry already....

PTB7476

Hi,
Initially when he was back home from hospital, he can sleep well until 2nd week onwards, he started crying in the middle of the night everyday! And he doesnt want to sleep in the day sometimes. And he only does that in the night...why anyone knows?
I brought him to polyclinic to see a doc on his flu recently and the doc prescribe colic drops. I fed him for 2 days then realise his face suddenly pop up lots of 'pimples'. So i stop feeding him colic drops and phlegm syrup cos i thought he might have allergy to the medicine. After 1 week, the 'red red pimples' still there. My friend then told me those are baby acne which will be gone after 1 - 2 mths.

1) Be patient to my bb? I am running out of patience and i am very tired cos im still doing my confinement.
2) Diapers changed, milk fed, gave him pacifier too but he dunwan...and he cries non stop...tried to pat him to sleep but still cries...any solution??

Actually people tell me might be colic, he needs comfort, room temp too hot/cold, etc...but how how? :(

I guess i am just posting to 'vent' abit of my frastration. I am so tired of doing those things again and again but he still cry and cry...

:( I wan to cry already....
1) you really need to be patient cos bb only way of communication is cry ...
2) could it be the weather...these few days really hot...did you on the aircon or fan

Colic is possible ...did you apply Ru Yi oil on his tummy or feed him gripewater ? maybe it might help ?

joeybeadz

ya.. you have to stay cool. if you panic, your baby will feel it then cry more. sometimes the colic can be quite painful. you have to carry him in a upright position for awhile, might have wind in his tummy or he wants to burp, but difficult.

Take turn with your hubby to carry him. If he is active in the night and sleep more in the day, then you also have to sleep in the day, so that you have the energy to take care of him at night.

Babies do not know the difference between day and night yet at this time.

Juz17

1) you really need to be patient cos bb only way of communication is cry ...
2) could it be the weather...these few days really hot...did you on the aircon or fan

Colic is possible ...did you apply Ru Yi oil on his tummy or feed him gripewater ? maybe it might help ?
I gt on aircon n fan actually. Aircon at temp 26 n only 2-3 hours. Fan low. Ru Yi oil got put. Gripewater tried once but Nw feeding him w doctor's prescription colic drops. :((

apollo

Hi,
I brought him to polyclinic to see a doc on his flu recently and the doc prescribe colic drops. I fed him for 2 days then realise his face suddenly pop up lots of 'pimples'. So i stop feeding him colic drops and phlegm syrup cos i thought he might have allergy to the medicine. After 1 week, the 'red red pimples' still there. My friend then told me those are baby acne which will be gone after 1 - 2 mths. ur fren is right. dont have to stop the colic drop cosi suspect he is having colic. i think the 'pimples' is nth to do with the colic drops. pls continue to feed him the medi!

1) Be patient to my baby? I am running out of patience and i am very tired cos im still doing my confinement.
get someone to take turn with u. it's nv easy during the 1st 3 mths. try to nap or rest when he is slping =)

might be wind (colic)..

oh pls!!!!! find out WHY ur baby is crying is a better solution!! like i said, u stop feeding him the colic drop, lik tt if he is really having colic, how to recover? and the colic will come bk on n off even aft he recover this time. ds was on colic drop till ard 6mth on, on n off though. try feeding him the colic drops and see if things improve. FYI, colic drops is not 'xian dan' it doesn not take 1-2 days to see effect. nd ard 5-7 days to slowly see the effect. =)

:( I want to cry already....
my replies are in red. =)

Juz17

ya.. you have to stay cool. if you panic, your baby will feel it then cry more. sometimes the colic can be quite painful. you have to carry him in a upright position for awhile, might have wind in his tummy or he wants to burp, but difficult.

Take turn with your hubby to carry him. If he is active in the night and sleep more in the day, then you also have to sleep in the day, so that you have the energy to take care of him at night.

Babies do not know the difference between day and night yet at this time.
After every feed we try to burp him in sit up position but he always tilt his head to the back causing difficulty to burp n he can fart lots but burping like always fail...sigh...very sad!!
Nw my mum going to pray 床母 for me later...:(

apollo

I gt on aircon n fan actually. Aircon at temp 26 n only 2-3 hours. Fan low. Ru Yi oil got put. Gripewater tried once but Nw feeding him w doctor's prescription colic drops. :((
rmb, it takes sometimes for the colic drops to work and improve his colic.. =)

Juz17

Dear apollo,
Thanks for Yr reply...
I will continue with colic drops from today on. Initially suspect he medicine allergy Tats y the face red red, never heard of bb acne before.
My mum n me taking care night though he sleeping in my parent's room. At nite when he cry out loud, my mum cannot comfort him n the first thing is he hungry. Liew I scare nt only overfed him but waste milk powder too cos she always make milk for bb!! Faint!! She makes me more frustrated!! But she is kind enough to help me la. Then my dad nt pang tang likes to say to my boy in the evening "oh bb, Nw dun sleep first so Tat tonite can sleep longer..." Liew how can?? Then nite time he cannot sleep at all!! :((

apollo

Dear apollo,
Thanks for Yr reply...
I will continue with colic drops from today on. Initially suspect he medicine allergy Tats y the face red red, never heard of bb acne before.
My mum n me taking care night though he sleeping in my parent's room. At nite when he cry out loud, my mum cannot comfort him n the first thing is he hungry. Liew I scare nt only overfed him but waste milk powder too cos she always make milk for bb!! Faint!! She makes me more frustrated!! But she is kind enough to help me la. Then my dad nt pang tang likes to say to my boy in the evening "oh bb, Nw dun sleep first so Tat tonite can sleep longer..." Liew how can?? Then nite time he cannot sleep at all!! :((
why cannot say that? like I said, finding out the cause ismuch more impt than believing in such things. we often praise ds and even ay he is FAT (cos he really is haha) but he is still doing well, at least to me, he doesnt appear to change aft we make such comments or praise him.

and ya u just try the colic drops for a week or so and see if suituation improves. =)

Juz17

why cannot say that? like I said, finding out the cause ismuch more impt than believing in such things. we often praise ds and even ay he is FAT (cos he really is haha) but he is still doing well, at least to me, he doesnt appear to change aft we make such comments or praise him.

and ya u just try the colic drops for a week or so and see if suituation improves. =)
Okok...:)
I hope colic drop works for him...

joeybeadz

After every feed we try to burp him in sit up position but he always tilt his head to the back causing difficulty to burp n he can fart lots but burping like always fail...sigh...very sad!!
Nw my mum going to pray 床母 for me later...:(
yes, sit up position, but got to lean forward, use your hand to hold his neck and tilt a little up so that the passageway is clear. You got to pat him a bit harder on his back.
Have you tried to spinkle the pamelo leaf water? or just towel to wipe him using the leaf water? I felt its safer than to drink the amulet water.

Juz17

yes, sit up position, but got to lean forward, use your hand to hold his neck and tilt a little up so that the passageway is clear. You got to pat him a bit harder on his back.
Have you tried to spinkle the pamelo leaf water? or just towel to wipe him using the leaf water? I felt its safer than to drink the amulet water.
Ya we did bath him in pomelo leaf water already. Ya i also put him lean abit forward but for awhile he will tilt his head back or he will vomit abit milk out...sigh...guess the milk haven swallow yet. Hubby did say to pat him abit harder on his back and it did work. Thanks... :)

joeybeadz

Ya we did bath him in pomelo leaf water already. Ya i also put him lean abit forward but for awhile he will tilt his head back or he will vomit abit milk out...sigh...guess the milk haven swallow yet. Hubby did say to pat him abit harder on his back and it did work. Thanks... :)
It is fine with a bit milk out. His neck is not strong enough till about 3 months, so it is normal to tilt back. Ya, I heard the nurses pat very hard one.. so if they can do it, we also can. But of cos will heartpain la. But no choice, got to help baby burp. ;)

Juz17

It is fine with a bit milk out. His neck is not strong enough till about 3 months, so it is normal to tilt back. Ya, I heard the nurses pat very hard one.. so if they can do it, we also can. But of cos will heartpain la. But no choice, got to help baby burp. ;)
He ah, sometimes 'leak' alot of milk ah. Imagine one hand support his neck, the other hand hold milk bottle, dunoe hw to wipe sia...lol

bdaygrl

hi Juz17,

sometimes baby is not used to the pacifier at first. i had to keep putting it in my baby's mouth many times before she got used to it, and finally it helped calm her down (sometimes). also find out what kind of movement soothes your baby - swinging, yao lan, walking, maybe just lying upright on your chest while you pat him?

if you have done everything you can for baby, this website may help give the answer to why your baby is still crying: The Period of Purple Crying

i know how stressful it can be... do try and get as much help as you can and take care. this period will pass...

Kerissa was like this too initially. Try carrying him and walk ard the use, sway him while carrying in a rythem. It helps for kerissa. I gave up the colic drops cos she will force hersflelf to Burp and that's worse! She will cry and feel uncomfortable while forcing herself if can't Burp out. During confinement, I took care of her myself thruout the night. I slept very little too. It's frustrating when she keep crying but jus tell urself, come out from ur tummy one. It's ur flesh! Kerissa oso leak milk till now. While holding the milk bottle, I use the same hand to hold the bid under the mouh directly. Using 2 fingers. U try it. It will help prevent it ftm leaking to the neck. But she still has milk rash cos she like to use her mitten to wipe her mouth then touch other parts of her face zzz. I fed her gripe water. Every morning once. Helps her burp and fart alot. She oso struggle alot. U can try letting him rest awhile before burping. Or burp in between feeds. Or put over ur shoulder and burp. When burping they spit abit milk is normal one. I ask doctor before. Haha. I more kaisu than u. I everything dunno I keep go doctor or call ard and ask. Now I moving back to hubby place I have to take care her myself already. Need more patience and lack of slp. So drink more chicken essence. U got ur mum to help. I oso tot my girl hugry at first I keep make milk and waste. Slowly u will know wheher he hungry or not. Touch his lower chin, if he keep open his mouth when u touch it means hungry. Or when he keep turning to left or right with mouth open. Diapers change every 2-3 hrs dun care wet or abit wet only. Sometimes babies jus like to fuss and wants attention. Jus try carrying walk ard swing ard pat him talk to him can akready. They understand one. Till now my girl oso wan atention. She fuss twice a day. I alr gotten use to it. Ur mum still there for u now during confinement! Shld appreciate! My mum helps me in the day so I can rest abit more. At night ownself take care leh. At night it's really tiring. More tiring than day time lor. Dun go pray or wad drink funny things.
Babies are like this. When u losing ur patience, jus keep reminding urself. It's my son, ftm my tummy come out one. It's my flesh Nd blood. U sure won't get frusrated alr. That's wad I always tell myself. Jyjy! U can one! Try gripe water it works! And rock in same motion walking ard the hse!

Sry if my post always alot spelling errors cos using iPhone to reply. Lol then try editting but cannot scroll up. -.- if u need someone to tAlk to can find me although I oso first time mummy! :001_302: