CS Montessori & Growing up Gifted

yan2

Hi mummies,

Any of your toddlers attend lesson in the above mentioned centers? Your comments, pls?

yakii

my boy attended GUG since he is 8mth old....he benefited from the class very much...now he is able to say from A-Z and A for wat till Z...he is 3yr old now...and he is able to express himself.....

yulee

Hi mummies,

Any of your toddlers attend lesson in the above mentioned centers? Your comments, pls?
i have sent my son to gug since he was 7mths and we stopped when he was 11mths. reason bcoz he got rashes n running nose after every class. hv checked wz gug teachers and was told that they only sterilized the toys once a day (end of day) and not after every class. those weeks that my son was with gug, every class was full to brim. some kids came even when they r sick n teachers still allowed them to attend. so we decided to stop as his medical costs are getting high!

yan2

Currently my dd is attending busy buddies. She enjoyed herself. Looking for other enrichment lesson.

MindyE

Currently my dd is attending busy buddies. She enjoyed herself. Looking for other enrichment lesson.

Hi,

You can check out Bibinogs Play Learning, www.bibinogs.com . It's in Serene Centre at Farrer Road.

My son attended Busy Buddies before, as well as GUG. Amongst the two, I found GUG more structured in terms of learning phonics, etc. Busy Buddies is more like a social play group setting. Now my son (19 mths) goes to Bibinogs for the Tots class. Bibinogs also teach the Zoo Phonics like GUG, but the class setting is a lot more condusive as the maximum per class is only 8 students. Things can get quite messy at GUG. And I agreed with the previous thread, the GUG's toys/ classrooms, are not that clean.

The tots class that my son attends in Bibinogs is a bilingual class, and I like the teachers and the setting as they are more personalised and can cater more to the needs of my son better...and they are very clean (which is very important to me)...so far... hope this is useful to you.

estherlin

Hi,

You can check out Bibinogs Play Learning, www.bibinogs.com . It's in Serene Centre at Farrer Road.

My son attended Busy Buddies before, as well as GUG. Amongst the two, I found GUG more structured in terms of learning phonics, etc. Busy Buddies is more like a social play group setting. Now my son (19 mths) goes to Bibinogs for the Tots class. Bibinogs also teach the Zoo Phonics like GUG, but the class setting is a lot more condusive as the maximum per class is only 8 students. Things can get quite messy at GUG. And I agreed with the previous thread, the GUG's toys/ classrooms, are not that clean.

The tots class that my son attends in Bibinogs is a bilingual class, and I like the teachers and the setting as they are more personalised and can cater more to the needs of my son better...and they are very clean (which is very important to me)...so far... hope this is useful to you.

Oh i was thinking of gg GUG for trial now got to reconsider, thank goodness for this forum den we can think again.

Mi thinking of BJG or JWt too, any comment???

yan2

Hi,

thanks will check out their website and schedule.

MsPlumpy

My 22-mth-old son just started GUG in Jan ... I am of the opinion that Zoo-phonics is their main (& only) strength, which I am very happy with.

As for the over-crowding & hygiene situation mentioned ... I must say it exist only in their United Square outlet, where every class is operated at full capacity. With 30 minutes in between classes (for most of their classrooms), pray tell how to sterilise the toys after every class?

In contrast, my son is attending his classes at their Suntec outlet ... which also just started operations in Jan. Currently, there're only 1-2 classes being run each day ... with no more than 8 toddlers in any one class.

JWT ... as in the gym?
My same son attended 2 semesters since he turned 18-mth-old ... I will just say that it helped a lot in developing & refining his psycho-motor abilities.

Being a rather hyper-active child, I was glad he became both confident & cautious when participating in what his grandparents would label high-risk activities. For example, he has no problems enjoying himself with the slides & other obstacles in a playground ... without adult assistance & amongst bigger rowdier children.

Pat Const

Hi,

Hi,

Saw someone posted on Bibinogs Play Learning at Farrer Rd. My kids attend this school too, and I must say that I've been quite happy with it so far. My 10 mth old daugther goes there for the Babes class twice a week, found their lesson to be very fun and enriching. My daughter is very active and could hardly stay still for a 10 mth old, but she was very attentive in this class, and is picking up the phonics words before she's even speaking. My older son, 3 yrs, also go to Bibinogs for Mandarin. Very fun and interesting. So far so good. I found their program to be very similar to JG's, except it is more personalised as it is much smaller than JG....and the Mandarin at JG is forever on waitlist, so we found Bibinogs through a friend. Turns out to be very good. Also found my kids really benefited from the small class setting there...only 8 per class. And I heard some of their teachers are from JG too...

No harm checking them out. Can give them a call.. they are very helpful over the phone too.... I sent them an email for inquiry and they responded fairly quickly. The website is www.bibinogs.com

ftwm

Hi! Mummies,
My daughter attended GUG @ United Square since she's 10 mths old and now she has moved to Parent & Tods class. Other then cleanliness, overall the teaching method is good especially the Zoo Phonics. There will always be few parents bringing their sick child to class considering the course fee is not cheap. Usually b4 entering the class the trs will chk and sterilise every child's hands hence is quite safe. B4 signing up a class, u shld try to find out which trs r more popular by asking ard or seeing thru the peephole how the trs conduct the classes. Advisable to go during Sat or Sun usually the staff wont bother u too much if u stand o/side the class and peep thru if they really asked jus say u r one of the tod parents hee! U may consider SUNTEC branch as it is new.

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
ftwm said:
My daughter attended GUG @ United Square since she's 10 mths old and now she has moved to Parent & Tods class ... U may consider SUNTEC branch as it is new.
Can I confirm your daughter is therefore still attending the classes in United Square?
Just wanna confirm if you are the mummy to one of the tots I see week in week out in Suntec City ...
:tembarrassed::tconfused::tembarrassed:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
estherlin said:
hihi can i check how they teach their zoophonics??? tks!!!
The entire class last about 2 hours each session ... each week, the theme will be based on a single alphabet, in a sequential manner.

Slightly less than an hour is allocated for "warm-up play", Chinese & snacks ... the remaining time will be spent mainly on zoo-phonics, with story-telling or project works thrown in.

Specifically for zoo-phonics, it constitutes the following main activitities:
1) singing of the zoo-phonics song ... with animated parents/helpers no less
2) matching of alphabet flashcards against similar but bigger posters on the wall
3) finger-writing of the "alphabet of the week" ... personally guided by the teacher
4) phonetics practice ... using a new 3-letter word each week
5) introduction of new words ... 3 each week, all starting with the "alphabet of the week"

My older son has been with GUG for 7 weeks so far, having started class in the 2nd week in Jan.
I'm impressed with his progress in zoo-phonics so far, even though we dun practise at home as much as we really should ... specifically, he's able to match the flashcards with no mistakes & act out some of the animation in the song, although he's still not able to pronounce 3-syllable words or form sentences when he speaks.
:embarrassed: :embarrassed:

estherlin said:
Oh i was thinking of gg GUG for trial ...
Still keen on this?

Anyways, my older son attends his classes every Mon & Fri at Suntec ... understand there're some promotion going on for trialists.
Remember to say HI if you see us in the class.
:wink: :wink:

estherlin said:
Mi thinking of BJG or JWT too, any comment???
What exactly is BJG & JWT?
:bconfused: :bconfused:

estherlin

hey hey...

i tout of putting him in united square more convenient.

BJG- baby jumper gym @ bt batok Hometeam, more of a gymboree sing n dance stuff.

I have not sign up yet as schedule pretty tight this coming mths.
i m thinking of convenience too

Meantime since i cant travel far to sch, will consider tumble tots or edu farm.
Sound pretty oki for some area =)

Daddy D

Alpha Male
hey hey...

i tout of putting him in united square more convenient.

BJG- baby jumper gym @ bt batok Hometeam, more of a gymboree sing n dance stuff.

I have not sign up yet as schedule pretty tight this coming mths.
i m thinking of convenience too

Meantime since i cant travel far to sch, will consider tumble tots or edu farm.
Sound pretty oki for some area =)
My 3 yr old gal also in Q for GUG @ United Sq.... very long never hear from them... maybe forgotten liao....

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Got any GUG - mandarin version a not?
Dunno what they teaches in the other mandarin classes like Tianxia, etc...

My DW plays alphabet games with my DD.... A for blablabla... B for blablabla... now my DD knows F for Fantastic... sibei funny :)

Dunno how to teach Mandarin tat way... how to increase DD's Mandarin vocab?

sleepingpiggy

Hello Daddy and Mummy, can let me know how much is the fees for 11months baby? Actually at first i'm thinking to let my baby go for Montessori, but don't have the info, so he is now attending the Shichida Method. Can share your opinion which is better?

I'm now thinking to buy the Montessori Materials let my baby have home practise, if any one who interested also, can go to the follwing thread to see more info.

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f63/montessori-family-package-15436/

yan2

Hello Daddy and Mummy, can let me know how much is the fees for 11months baby? Actually at first i'm thinking to let my baby go for Montessori, but don't have the info, so he is now attending the Shichida Method. Can share your opinion which is better?

I'm now thinking to buy the Montessori Materials let my baby have home practise, if any one who interested also, can go to the follwing thread to see more info.

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f63/montessori-family-package-15436/
You can have the info about montessori in this website : MONTESSORI, International Montessori Index of schools, teachers, materials, method,teacher training, preschools,

Last edited: