Csect - Epidural painful?

tika

Anyone went through Csect with Epidural? Did your epidural jab hurt ALOT? Mine is no choice must csect because I have Pelvic Girdle Pain or also known as Smphysis Pubis. I remember for my first baby, my epidural jab was unbearably painful. Now for my second one I'm thinking of going for GA instead cos i dont't think i can bear the epi jab pain. But i heard GA not good for baby.

Gynae told me to go for epidural again. More fun she said, hubby can join us in OT. Wah lao...ppl scared of pain, all she can think is it'll be fun?

Plus she said ... Im sure you dont't want to go for GA now that you know its not good for your baby. :err:

She's playing the guilt trip with me siaaa .........

chiro

mm..i was on LA when i had the c section, not very painful, but i lose control of controlling my urine shortly after he inserted the syringe...((one time only la, no such problem aagain fter operation ))

nadmunzuh

I had my c-section with epidural 3 weeks ago and for me it wasn't that painful as i expected. I was told to sit down on the OT bed, legs down, hold a pillow on my tummy and bend down my head. They injected on my spine I think 3 times. After that they asked me to lie down and they inserted the catheter ( a long thin tube to drain our urine). Within a few minutes my waist down to my legs were numbed. But the part i dont like abt epi is the shivering of the body. Cant stop shivering during the 45 minute procedure...

arrafah

Anyone went through Csect with Epidural? Did your epidural jab hurt ALOT? Mine is no choice must csect because I have Pelvic Girdle Pain or also known as Smphysis Pubis. I remember for my first baby, my epidural jab was unbearably painful. Now for my second one I'm thinking of going for GA instead cos i dont't think i can bear the epi jab pain. But i heard GA not good for baby.

Gynae told me to go for epidural again. More fun she said, hubby can join us in OT. Wah lao...ppl scared of pain, all she can think is it'll be fun?

Plus she said ... Im sure you dont't want to go for GA now that you know its not good for your baby. :err:

Tika, who's your gynae? She sounds annoying!

ling.er

GA nt good for baby ?? I go thru tat ah.. My Gynae also nv say wat ah.. Y say not good for baby ah = =" Epi is good cos hubi can join in ma then u can see ur baby no need wait til u wake ..

sorry, may I know what is GA mean?

if baby head not turn, going to operate next week.. after read nadmunzuh replies, feel so scary :embarrassed:

LoVeS

I tink it is very much depending on the skill of the person who inject epidural for ya...for my #1 it was fast n painless b4 my c-sect but for my #2 it was soooo long, jab me so many times until my back got so many holes n PAINFUL b4 n after c-sect~

vinder79

Thats true i actually only felt a bit of tingling both times.Same guy coincidentally and he remembered me after 1 yr.He is the asst head of ant in Nuh..Great guy was very supportive and attendtive.