Day & Nite Nanny - TBF Still Possible?

Vic

Hi Mummies,

We're considering to send baby to day & nite nanny but worried if i don't get to BF baby during the day & night except in the evening when i ferry EBM to nanny's place and weekends, will my milk flow drop to zero?

Please advise, TQ.

Last edited:

Vone

It should be possible But u got to have alot of determination to pump every 2 hrs when baby's not ard with u =)

Vic

Hi Vone,

Thanks! Will try out before i return to work and send baby to nanny..

Sighed.. Caretaker arrangement is more headache compared to BFing..

MIL actually volunteered to take care of baby but she's the type who loves to feed "forbidden" food or drinks to baby when their parents are not around and always worried dat her evil DILs will illtreat her grandchild by starving them...

Sorry.. Jus wanna fa fa lao sao a bit..

Vone

Hi Vone,

MIL actually volunteered to take care of baby but she's the type who loves to feed "forbidden" food or drinks to baby when their parents are not around and always worried dat her evil DILs will illtreat her grandchild by starving them...

haha Vic i totally understand where u r coming from :) :Dancing_wub:

elaine01

Hi Vone,

mine too..........wat to do........their son oso brought up by him also alive & kicking so why cant she give to her grandchild?

dat why i prefer nanny. anythng i done like i can let her know or remind her gently. you can order or instruct MIL?:nah:

elaine01

All I can advise you is to pump diligently. Eat well, drink well, get the rest you need(since bb not with you most of the time). Pump at least verey 2~3 hourly to stimulate, increase & maintain your supply.:tlaugh:

Vic

mine too..........wat to do........their son oso brought up by him also alive & kicking so why cant she give to her grandchild?

dat why i prefer nanny. anythng i done like i can let her know or remind her gently. you can order or instruct MIL?:nah:
Exactly my tots... MIL hates me to de core now cos' i "instigated" her son to send baby to day & nite nanny even though we r staying with them...

If MIL hasn't fed burnt talisman water to my nephew, i won't have to send my baby away... Sighed...

elaine01

Exactly my tots... MIL hates me to de core now cos' i "instigated" her son to send baby to day & nite nanny even though we r staying with them...

If MIL hasn't fed burnt talisman water to my nephew, i won't have to send my baby away... Sighed...
problem is she very old fashioned. she cant accept breastfeeding. she only accept in front of her son aka my hubby. once he turns his back, she's negative & shame my son for still breastfeeding & laugh at him.

she say DH also take FM he also healthy why cant i give FM to DS? Yes, everyone tells me, DS is my son, I 'm d mum, i decide. But DH's siblings say DS is their nephew/grandson, they have right to decide also......:shyxxx:

after much hoo-ha in the family, i insist on my way. dun give a damn to them. DH's nephews & nieces run away & say shame whenever i breastfeed my son.

Glad nanny alright. no need to boil water or sterilise. just heat up & feed.:tlaugh:

elaine01

Oops..............off topic!

anyway, drink plenty of fluids & rest well to ensure smooth milkflow. as long as got constantly removal & stimulation, supply will be there. of cos the pump can never be as effective in bb's mouth & drawing BM from mummy breast.

Vic

Oops..............off topic!

anyway, drink plenty of fluids & rest well to ensure smooth milkflow. as long as got constantly removal & stimulation, supply will be there. of cos the pump can never be as effective in bb's mouth & drawing BM from mummy breast.
Yah.. We sure went off topic ;P

Looks like i'll have to invest in a good pump since pumping is gonna be more freqent..

Right now i'm using Pigeon Manual Pump, any brand/model to recommend?

elaine01

Yah.. We sure went off topic ;P

Looks like i'll have to invest in a good pump since pumping is gonna be more freqent..

Right now i'm using Pigeon Manual Pump, any brand/model to recommend?
no ideal pump. just get one you're comfy with & efficient for you.:tlaugh: