Day time sleeping problem

sjchan

My 6 weeks old baby encountered sleeping problem during day time. She not able to sleep more than 1 hr. she always cry and fussy Everytime she wake up and look like very tired and sleepy. Sometimes she also cry for feeding even though the previous feeding is 1 hr ago. We thought she not getting enough milk so wake up so frequent but she can't finish the milk when we increase the amount.
During night time, she can sleep for about 3 hrs then wake up for feeding.
Anyone can advise so that my baby can sleep enough during day time? I think < 1 hr nap is too short for her.this situation only happen few days ago. Previously she don't has such problem and sleep well in day and night.

Lostkitty

My 6 weeks old baby encountered sleeping problem during day time. She not able to sleep more than 1 hr. she always cry and fussy Everytime she wake up and look like very tired and sleepy. Sometimes she also cry for feeding even though the previous feeding is 1 hr ago. We thought she not getting enough milk so wake up so frequent but she can't finish the milk when we increase the amount.
During night time, she can sleep for about 3 hours then wake up for feeding.
Anyone can advise so that my baby can sleep enough during day time? I think < 1 hr nap is too short for her.this situation only happen few days ago. Previously she dont't has such problem and sleep well in day and night.
Hi, ur baby could be experiencing GROWTH SPURTS.

ast0212

6 weeks is pretty young and it is likely your baby is still getting used to this world plus their own bodily functions after getting through the newborn sleepy stage. Some babies develop a sleeping pattern later on.

I had the same issue as well with my son cat napping a lot and wouldn't sleep longer than 10 minutes around that 6 week mark too. It wasn't until around 3 months that my son started to take naps more than 10 minutes. He would nap half an hour 3 times a day. That was his own sleep pattern so I left him to it.