DBSS or HDB ??

Hi all,

Do you prefer to purchase DBSS or HDB flat? Im currently considering which options to buy with my dear husband and baby.

Is it better to buy second hand housing or BTO? Although BTO is cheaper, but as what we can see, the house is getting smaller and smaller. Some second hand flats are in fact bigger.

Which one do you prefer and why? Do tell me your choices and also why is that so?

Thank you in advance =D

anabella

I purchased the tpy dbss. After many attempts to get a bto, we gave up. And it doesn't make sense for us to buy a resale flat coz the cov is so high. Plus not forgeting the renovation cost. Luckily we decided to get dbss at that pt of time. Now the dbss at tampines is so much more expensive! The cost I got my 5 room at tpy dbss can only get me a 4rm at this upcoming tampines dbss. It was $1.7k psm for tpy and now it's a crazy $2.8k psm foe the coming tampines one!

I personally prefer DBSS than HDB cus DBSS is nicer and bigger although more expensive. I'll save up to buy DBSS flat! haha

jimmytangl

Latest DBSS at Tampines going at crazy prices of $880,000 for a 5rm unit.
Prices as close to getting a EC, but EC having more to offer like having facilities and becoming a private condo after 10 years.
DBSS forever a DBSS and also have to pay carparks, conservancy fees, etc.
New EC at Punggol launching early July 2011.
RiverParc Residence@Punggol New Executive Condo to take a look at Riverparc Residence.

sunnytan31

Hi all,

Do you prefer to purchase DBSS or HDB flat? Im currently considering which options to buy with my dear husband and baby.

Is it better to buy second hand housing or BTO? Although BTO is cheaper, but as what we can see, the house is getting smaller and smaller. Some second hand flats are in fact bigger.

Which one do you prefer and why? Do tell me your choices and also why is that so?

Thank you in advance =D
As a father of 2, I go for "big" house. Personally, I tried balloting a new 5 room premium flat but after seeing the showflat, I cannot accept the size of the unit and of cos not to mention new 4 room.

Eventually, I settled myself with a resale 4 room @ the size of a new 5 room. On top of that, I have no "bomb shelter" which actually makes my 4 room looks even bigger. BUT I spent nearly 50K on overhaul renovation the resale unit...

Afterall, you must know your priority, whether is Big or Small or Need a house to stay or Status or to "showoff", which several friends of mine regret showing off. =)