december babies

CDAH77

Dear mummies im due soon n its the end of the year. Im terribly upset whn one if my girlfriend slammed me saying that if I gave birth on late december im bound to have a slow development n learning difficulty child. I was very angry with her for saying that n I told her flatly what right has she to say it. She mentioned that that she based it on her observation n what she had seen so far. She herself has a k2. This will b my second child n had 2 failed pregnancies. My first is 2 half years n doing well. I guess no mummies can even accept what she had said. Can any mummies give me ur insight about what in the world her intention is n if its true of such that birth month can cause learning difficulties in children. Especially for december babies. bound for c sect on 31 dec.

wonderfulmum

hi

Oh my... my son was born on 13 Dec 2013.. but its still mth of dec.. how can she say that.. dun think of what she say too much.. she is not GOD to predict ppl life.. tell her to get a life..

ajcy

Our son is a late December baby and objectively I do think if we were to compare, year end babies will be slightly disadvantaged in the early years since they have less time by default to develop.

for example if we send them to playschool at 18 months, that intake will have kids from 18 months to 30 months so of course if compare development, the 18 month old will likely be slower ! But over the years the difference becomes less significant!

And don't worry too much since developmental milestones are based on month and individuals!