Decrease of breast milk

Bayu

Hi all,

Is it true that if we seldom breastfeed our baby, our milk will decrease..? Im just afraid that i will encounter tat. I'm working and i don't pump and store it when i'm at work. I do want to breastfeed him until he's 1 yr old. I feel like I don't have enough milk to feed him. What can I do to have more milk?

Thank you. :embarrassed:

MaLee56

Hi all,

Is it true that if we seldom breastfeed our baby, our milk will decrease..? Im just afraid that i will encounter that. I'm working and i dont't pump and store it when i'm at work. I do want to breastfeed him until he's 1 yr old. I feel like I dont't have enough milk to feed him. What can I do to have more milk?

Domperidone (one known brand is Motillium) is very effective in inducing breast milk. Worked well for me. You can purchase from any pharmacist. However do not consume for more than a year.

meiteoh

Breastfeeding is all about demand and supply. If you don't latch on or pump frequently, the body interprets that as no demand, so automatically, no supply. :)

Bayu

Domperidone (one known brand is Motillium) is very effective in inducing breast milk. Worked well for me. You can purchase from any pharmacist. However do not consume for more than a year.
Hi,

thanks for sharing..

how much isit..?? or shud i try anmum.. ??:embarrassed:

Bayu

Breastfeeding is all about demand and supply. If you dont't latch on or pump frequently, the body interprets that as no demand, so automatically, no supply. :)

Hi mei,

Ooo really.. i didn't noe abt it.. it means tat even if i pump da milk, da body will still interprets tat there is a demand for more milk.. i better get a pump now coz i still want him to breastfed.. as he has sensitive skin... doc actually adv me on continuing breastfeed..

thanks a lot for sharing.. appreciate ur info..

:shyxxx:

adelynn

Hi all,

Is it true that if we seldom breastfeed our baby, our milk will decrease..? Im just afraid that i will encounter that. I'm working and i dont't pump and store it when i'm at work. I do want to breastfeed him until he's 1 yr old. I feel like I dont't have enough milk to feed him. What can I do to have more milk?

would not encourage dragging your pump intervals for so long, especially a whole day at work. at first you'll feel discomfort from engorgement, but over time your body would re-adjust and you'll find that your supply will dip.

try to squeeze out at least 1 pump sessions during your office hours (i personally aim for 2, and try not to drag beyond 6 hours)