Definition of Morning Sickness?

youngskywalker

Alpha Male
Hi everyone,

As you can probably tell from the thread title, I am not exactly good with parenthood terms :mlaugh: (Yup, a first-time daddy-to-be).

Need to ask, cos my wifey is now at 7 weeks, and she says she has no craving, no appetite but 'heartburn' feeling after meals.

Is this part of the 'MS' package? When does nauseousness physically start/end?

Hope to find out more so I can help the wifey where possible.

Thanks in advance for helping this clueless dude out!

Cheers
:tlaugh:

thepinkdot

there's no hard and fast rule to morning sickness.. however if she has the heartburn feeling, ask her to tell her gynae next appt and see if can get meds to ease the discomfort.

some lucky women will have their MS end at 13 weeks.. end of first trimester.. the unlucky ones could have it throughout the whole pregnancy. MS usually involves nausea and vomiting..

maybe let her choose what she wants to eat.. =) my this pregnancy i've to eat all my husband's favourite food.. it seems like the baby wants to be like daddy. all my favourite food is yuck now. lol.. pregnancy is a funny thing.. but it can also be one of the most beautiful thing that can happen to a woman.

apollo

Hi everyone,

As you can probably tell from the thread title, I am not exactly good with parenthood terms :mlaugh: (Yup, a first-time daddy-to-be).

Need to ask, cos my wifey is now at 7 weeks, and she says she has no craving, no appetite but 'heartburn' feeling after meals.

Cheers
ermmm, i started MS from 6week and it ends at 5mth++.. ur wife dun hav MS yet? i think is quite good.. cos MS is very torturing! actu having MS means the preg is so-called 'healthy' as u noe the bb inside is still alive.. but since ur wife is having other preggy sympstoms, is okay deee.. i noe some women dun even hav any bits of preg symptoms, they are very lucky! haha!

mrs_eg

Hi everyone,

Cheers

theres no definition of MS i guess, cos it can happen any time of the day and happen for various reasons.

For me, nausea happens when I have adverse reactions to strong smells like those overwhelming air-fresheners and certain food. I also feel nausea when there is too much GAS in me - bloatedness.... And I vomit every night... till now though I'm in my 2nd tri already... I am lucky that i can still eat... not alot though.. but at least baby is growing healthily... so I jus take these quesiness as a process....

Heartburn i've read, it is normal...
but as mentioned, if it really gets overwhelming have to seek medical advice...

Anyway congratulations to u on ur new journey!!

youngskywalker

Alpha Male
Thanks~~! These are helpful notes.

I'll keep a close eye on the wifey.

Feels great that I can now be of more help to her :tlaugh:.

This Sunday is Go Library Day. Gotta do some reading up!

ecym

My full blown MS started from week 8... so be prepared :p. I had nightly puking before I sleep :embarrassed:

jas2909

Hmmz.. the pregnancy symptoms vary in everyone.. For me.. I've no MS.. no craving.. the only thing is better appetite.. but now i gotta eat my hubby's fav food which normally i totally will not even think off coz they are all simple and tasteless food to me.. :nah: I'll puke if i eat something from my own fav food list.. :err:

cseen

whenever i pass by the wet market where they sell fishes.. i feel "gag" like gona puke... so horrible the feeling.. is this consider MS?

Oppsgal

Hi everyone,

Cheers
Try giving something sweet and sour things to eat?

Morning sickness also depends how long. Heard that those having boys MS will stopped earlier. But also depends, some can last throughout the pregnancy.

Mummy to Baby V

I vomited day and night for many weeks, felt terrible all the time.
Stuffy places like carparks made me vomit too.
Things that help:
- always keep crackers and water beside bed and handbag. Hunger may cause vomiting too.
- eat and drink separately
- prop pillow up to ease heartburn

PTB7476

when i had heartburn, my hubby asked me to take apple which i did and it did make me feel alot better....hmm...wonder where he learned this from :tlaugh:

bbloelim

how does heartburn feel?
so far i haven't have any of the heartburn before.
im in my 1st trimester, every morning after brushing teeth, will sure wana vomit.

Mummy to Baby V

how does heartburn feel?
so far i have not't have any of the heartburn before.
im in my 1st trimester, every morning after brushing teeth, will sure want to vomit.
Same here, then I realized it was the toothpaste! After I changed to another brand, no more puking when brushing teeth.

One brand of conditioner made me puke too, so had to change it as well.

bbloelim

Same here, then I realized it was the toothpaste! After I changed to another brand, no more puking when brushing teeth.

One brand of conditioner made me puke too, so had to change it as well.
ohh!! really!! then i must change it soon.

i've got a bodywash that will also made me puke! i changed it, but my hubby dont want to waste, so he continue to use..makes no different. hahaha.

Mummy to Baby V

ohh!! really!! then i must change it soon.

i've got a bodywash that will also made me puke! i changed it, but my hubby dont want to waste, so he continue to use..makes no different. hahaha.
Alamak... Give the bodywash to another family member... Save you from the smell.

rachana

[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Description of Morning Sickness

Morning Sickness may occur at any time of the day, especially when the stomach is empty. It affects about one-third to one-half of all expectant women and is most common during the first three months of pregnancy. Some expectant mothers will not experience it until well into the second trimester and a few may never experience morning sickness throughout the pregnancy.So some doctors advice for joining antenatal classes for feeling good the whole day.
[/FONT]

hayashi43

I am at my 7th week but started feeling nausea from 5th week onwards...and now whenever i smell vegetable, especially the green leafy one, i feel like puke le...which is v rare cos my fav food is vege!!!
now every morning is a struggle for me, struggle to wake up and struggle to eat and even drink, cos i puke water also >.<