Depressed!! Both hubby and myself blood got complication! Anyone care to share pls...

longbaobao

Hi everyone..I was struggling with the decision of keeping this baby as my hubby is a foreigner as we are not eligible to purchase a roof over our top and in addition I was unemployed. But regardless of all these barriers, we decided to keep the baby no matter what hardship we are facing.

I went to KK yesterday for my first appointment and was so overjoyed to see my baby moving around my stomach..took 3 tube of blood to go thru all series of test.

Recieved a call from staff nurse this morning, requesting me to report to KK asap for DNA testing. My mind was shut off when the nurse tried to explain those complicated medical terms but the phrase " Oh u r 16 weeks already, you have to come fast. This blood complication may lead to your baby having to go thru blood transfusion all her/his life".

My heart just sank and my hormones lifted up my tear sag...Can anyone please share your experience with me?

May God Bless all the mummies to be to have healthy baby!!!

Dilys

Re: Depressed!! Both hubby and myself blood got complication! Anyone care to share pl

Hi
Maybe you want to opt for a 2nd option .. Look for another gynae for a retest? Seriously I heard alot of stories of bad encounter with KK so I don't have any confident in this hospital !

Last edited:

longbaobao

Re: Depressed!! Both hubby and myself blood got complication! Anyone care to share pl

thanks for your reply. u mean there could be error in the blood report? this happens to me when my hubby went to Raffles Hospital for HIV test and the nurse told unclearly that there is complication and need to wait for 2 week (instead of 3 days) for detailed report. that was my darkest period to wait for the result...to be suspend in the air to keep guessing abt the result is suffering!!

Dilys

thanks for your reply. u mean there could be error in the blood report? this happens to me when my hubby went to Raffles Hospital for HIV test and the nurse told unclearly that there is complication and need to wait for 2 week (instead of 3 days) for detailed report. that was my darkest period to wait for the result...to be suspend in the air to keep guessing abt the result is suffering!!
Hi

Yes. You never know that there is mistake. So look for another gynae for a retest. Baby is a god"gift so pls treasure it!

audreylim

Just a suggestion to Mt Alvenia or Thomson Medical to check again?