Depressed MTB of 3

Hi all,

I'm a mother-to-be of 3, baby due in September.

Before I got preggie with No3, I was still thinking whether to try for No3, as I thought it would be more merry when I get old and 3 kids will bring back more grandkids, I wouldn't be so lonely etc.. Currently, I'm a stay at home mum with a 7 yrs old and a 21 month old gal.

However, before I could come to a conclusion, I find myself already pregnant! I have mixed feelings now. Sometimes I would be so depressed and worried. I wonder how am I going to take care of 3 kids?? I dont't intend to get a maid and won't want any. My mum will be helping me to take care of the kids. Then, my hubby also asks me to work at least part time when the 3rd one is 1 yr plus..To add things worse, my nausea is quite regular, especially aggravated by the foul smell of stuff like rubbish,washing agents, exhaust fumes from vehicles. I feel like sleeping all the time but my 21 month old is super active and my 7 yrs old gal has tests every week... I am so stressed that sometime I hope I'm not preggie with the 3rd one... Currently, with 2 kids, I already feel that I'm losing my self, no time for myself...

Anyone out there who has 3 kids and is enjoying every bit of it?

Queenbabe

Hi all,

Before I got preggie with No3, I was still thinking whether to try for No3, as I thought it would be more merry when I get old and 3 kids will bring back more grandkids, I wouldn't be so lonely etc.. Currently, I'm a stay at home mum with a 7 yrs old and a 21 month old gal.

However, before I could come to a conclusion, I find myself already pregnant! I have mixed feelings now. Sometimes I would be so depressed and worried. I wonder how am I going to take care of 3 kids?? I dont't intend to get a maid and won't want any. My mum will be helping me to take care of the kids. Then, my hubby also asks me to work at least part time when the 3rd one is 1 yr plus..To add things worse, my nausea is quite regular, especially aggravated by the foul smell of stuff like rubbish,washing agents, exhaust fumes from vehicles. I feel like sleeping all the time but my 21 month old is super active and my 7 yrs old gal has tests every week... I am so stressed that sometime I hope I'm not preggie with the 3rd one... Currently, with 2 kids, I already feel that I'm losing my self, no time for myself...

Im going to have no.3 soon... if they r obedient maybe i will enjoy it:001_302:...

How many months r u now?

Wasant

I'm also a mum to be of 3 in late june....at first i had the same thoughts as u.....my 2 boys are in pri 4 n 5......luckily they quite independent....i only need to look after their meals n homework wise........take things one step at a time.....n u will not feel so depressed ....

jasobias

hi
i am a mum of 3.Boys r in k2,p2 n baby is 7 months old.N yes i am loving it!!
Its not gonna be easy thts for sure but being surrounded with kids is a blessing.U may have to sacrifice some self time to accommodate new baby but it will definately be worth it.As ur oldest kid is already 7,she can be a great help in looking after the younger ones just as my boys help me with the baby.
U can talk to her abt the baby n how now her role is more impt as she wld now have 2 little ones to look upon her as a role model.U can teach her little stuff abt the baby like safety,baby needs etc.My son is able to make his sisters milk n when i wanna take a shower i sit him with her so at least she will be safe n wont roll off the bed or something.N if its shower time..they both help prepare her bath stuff..like rubber mat,diaper,tee,creams etc.It gives the older kids a sense of purpose n responsibility n at least they wont feel left out ard the baby as there is tonnes they can do.
I am a stay home mum too with no outside help besides hubby n kids..n usually i am in poor health.If i can do it ...anyone can!!Cheer up!! A baby is a blessing n yes u can look forward in ur old age to be surrounded by grand kids...hhehehe!!!get ready to babysit them though...LOL!!

hope seow

Hi all,

Hi PlayfulFairy,

I'm a mother of 3 too.. my eldest boy is 4 yrs old, 2nd gal just turn 2 yrs and youngest son is just 8 months old..

Same as you, was contemplating whether to have 3 kids but before i can decide... I was pregnant with my 3rd kid. Took us (hubby n me) awhile to believe that i was expecting cos we just shifted house that month and everything is still in a mess. It was a very tiring and trying period cos first two kids still very young and my maid was going back for a 3 week home leave at the same time.

Looking at my 3 kids now, i thanked God for blessing me with a third one. He was adorable and seeing my 3 children playing and loving one another, it's really a joy. Heehee, though sometimes i still ask myself what will life be if i only have 1 or 2 kids??

Just like u, i got no other help, just depending on my maid but thank God i have a good one.

I guess it's not going to be easy physically, emotionally and financially when there r little but like what u said... it will be a joy when we grow old and see the fruit of our labour grow up and start their own family.

Take care... God bless

Hi all,
Thanks for all your replies:001_302:

I was feeling better yesterday after meeting my friends and chatting:)

However, today I'm feeling low again as my eldest gal came back with her test paper with sums that she scored wrong even though she has practised it several times...

dont know about you babes whether you are like me? But as a stay at home mum, I gauge my "success" by my child's performance in school...

Wasant

Hi all,

However, today I'm feeling low again as my eldest gal came back with her test paper with sums that she scored wrong even though she has practised it several times...

dont know about you babes whether you are like me? But as a stay at home mum, I gauge my "success" by my child's performance in school...
Singapore parents more Kiasu.....i used to take my boys exams results seriously.....now a bit more relaxed as i believed that different kids had different learning pace n attitudes...my elder is more "stronger" in his grades n he picks up things faster whereas my younger boy learns things at a slower pace n his grades is just average kind...i feel that we cant force those at a slower pace to do as well as those who has excellent results......but to accept it......i believe that if a kid is smart....he doesnt need tuition to help him....he can study on his own...

Happydays-shop

Hi all,

I'm also a mother to be of 3 kids.
my elder only 4yrs old and 2nd one is 1yr old.
3rd baby gonna due in aug.
age gap is v v v near which i'm starting to get depression on how to look after them.

Spiralng

Hi all,

yes yes ME ME...mother of 3 and enjoying every single moment of it. My eldest child is the greatest nanny. Whenever the baby start to fuss she will know how to handle him better than me.

Spiralng

Hi all,

Hi Playfulfairy glad to hear that u r feeling much better. Rule number one, never guage your "success" by your child's performance. Sometimes, u can put in loads and loads of effort but at the end of the day, many factors could lead to the child's work. U have to see your child's character. Is she careless by nature??? or other factors. Therefore, do enjoy your pregnancy and dun be too stress on yourself.

jojoki

Hi all,

Hi mommy,

just wanna share with u my personal belief in parenting.. " success in parenting is measured by what the parents do, not by what the child does"

Hi Playfulfairy glad to hear that you r feeling much better. Rule number one, never guage your "success" by your child's performance. Sometimes, you can put in loads and loads of effort but at the end of the day, many factors could lead to the child's work. you have to see your child's character. Is she careless by nature??? or other factors. Therefore, do enjoy your pregnancy and dont be too stress on yourself.
Hi,
My gal is very careless and forgetful by nature... Thanks for your advice

How do you gals keep yourself happy? Last time, I used to go shopping and buy lotsa pretty clothes. Now preggie, can only wear XL size clothes, moreover, I'm the type who puts on weight very easily, but lose weight super sllooooww type... Though I love kids, but it's depressing to see myself wearing the same old boring ''rice sacks".. Envy those ladies who still look so slim, except with the big tummy even when they are preggie...

And even if I take time out from my 2 kids, I will feel guilty... How not to feel guilty ?

hope seow

How do you gals keep yourself happy? Last time, I used to go shopping and buy lotsa pretty clothes. Now preggie, can only wear XL size clothes, moreover, I'm the type who puts on weight very easily, but lose weight super sllooooww type... Though I love kids, but it's depressing to see myself wearing the same old boring ''rice sacks".. Envy those ladies who still look so slim, except with the big tummy even when they are preggie...

And even if I take time out from my 2 kids, I will feel guilty... How not to feel guilty ?
Hi, I know exactly how u feel.. Guilty of leaving them behind. I guess sometimes we just have to let go n go out to spend some time alone.

Hee, I'm still having a tummy after giving birth for almost 8 mths. My husband n kids will joke abt me having another baby. Look on the bright side, becos of my figure, I save alot of money from buying clothes :)

Cheer up. It will be easier as they grow older.