Detailed Gynae in the East

Sweetoothz

hey ladies,
i would like to know if there is any detailed gynae around the east preferably around Marine Parade area. detailed as in does scan at every visit n will show me the baby's hand n feet n face. TIA :win:

Sarahmerah

hey ladies,
i would like to know if there is any detailed gynae around the east preferably around Marine Parade area. detailed as in does scan at every visit n will show me the baby's hand n feet n face. TIA :win:

Hi Sweetoothz!!!

First of all congratz on your your delivery this year and your little surprise!! I also had a baby this year and inshallah will have another one soon if its God plan :).... My dr was Dr. Lubna. She has her clinic in Parkway East Hospital. she does do detailed scans through all visits. you may or may not get photos every visit though. if you ask i am sure you could get a few copies. She is not the touch and go type alhamdulillah so you can check her out.

There are a few other Dr's there also at Parkway East. I heard some good reviews on Dr. Heng and Dr. Chandra. I hope this helps and all the best on your pregnancy!!!:sayangbaby:

Sweetoothz

hi Sarahmerah,

ya i've heard of the dr's u mentioned bt they are pretty packed as well right? my last gynae was brief on every visits bt will print me a copy of the scan n even have a dvd n record all the scans made at a cost of course. guess there is pro n cons w every dr. my last gynae is at GlenE so its quite a distance for me as well.

Sarahmerah

hi Sarahmerah,

ya i've heard of the dr's you mentioned bt they are pretty packed as well right? my last gynae was brief on every visits bt will print me a copy of the scan n even have a dvd n record all the scans made at a cost of course. guess there is pro n cons w every dr. my last gynae is at GlenE so its quite a distance for me as well.
hey mommy

Well from what I can remember I never waited long for Dr. Lubna. I believe the longest I have ever waited is 15 minutes. I am usually early and will see the dr on time. The other Dr's I have mentioned are usually full. At least I have seen the clinics always full. Dr. Lubna has a small clinic. She is a wonderful Dr. Very easy to talk to. I never requested for a CD but I am sure you can call the clinic and speak to one of the nurses. They are very warm and courteous. I think you can get the number from the parkway east hospital website. I think all the OBGYN Doctors can be found there as well.

Sarahmerah

ya will do just that.. do u mind sharing w me the package she provide? TIA.. =))

Hi ,

So sorry for late reply!! well last year when I took up the pkg it was $550. The Pkg is only from 16 weeks onwards. It only included the consultation and the scans for each visits. What the nurse told me was it does not include any additional scans medications, swab test or the CTG. I believe its 10 visits. I had a difficult pregnancy so I actually exceeded all visits. In that way I really am lucky to take the pkg.

Sweetoothz

Bt then again I saw ur post on her charges n they are pretty steep ya w the extra charges on the weekends n all..

Sarahmerah

Bt then again I saw ur post on her charges n they are pretty steep ya w the extra charges on the weekends n all..
Hi sweetoothz,

I can understand where you are coming from about the prices. however from my own research of other doctors in the private practice she is affordable for the service that I received. I really hope you find the right Dr for you. Its all about the relationship you have with them. I would rather have a Dr who gives me time and information rather then some one who is cheap and will only
see me for 5 min each visit. When I was looking for a Dr I knew I would be spending my whole pregnancy with them. I was thinking " this is the person who is going to deliver my little one". I wanted to find someone who can relate and enjoy the moment with me as well as being my dr. HTH all the best mommy

joaqin

Hi SarahMerah,

I just found out that I'm pregnant and seeing Dr Lubna for my 1st appointment this week. Mind sharing your experience with her? Thanks!

Sarahmerah

Hi SarahMerah,

I just found out that I'm pregnant and seeing Dr Lubna for my 1st appointment this week. Mind sharing your experience with her? Thanks!

Hi Joagin,

So sorry for late reply!! My baby becoming a handful crawling all over the place. The only time I have to check mummysg is when he is napping. First I want to say congrats on your pregnancy ;D. I did write in the Dr. Lubna thread about my experience. I will copy and paste here. However if you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

I saw Dr. Lubna during my pregnancy and delivered Feb of this year. I have to say out of a lot of doctors that were recommended to me I enjoyed my experience with her. I had a very difficult pregnancy. Almost every complication in the book! From sever vomiting to pre term labour contractions at 24 weeks. Although I had to pay for additional medication and hospitalizations through out my pregnancy her charges were very comfortable.

I did not have to wait long to see Dr Lubna and she is definitely not the touch and go type. I did not want to see a doctor for my first pregnancy that just glanced through notes, scanned and was done. She was very informative and gave great advice. Dr. Lubna was not pushy for certain test as in the end it is our decision.

Towards the end of my pregnancy Dr. Lubna informed me of a birth plan according to my estimated delivery. Of course she kept in mind things I wish to have and not have. I wanted to breast feed after delivery. However, I delivered early and had to have my baby checked by a pediatrician. Of course once he was fine I could breast feed. The delivery with her was amazing. She was not pushy and very polite even when all was done.

Sarahmerah

Is Dr Lubna pro natural delivery and birth plan? Im with Dr Heng, thinking of switching, currently at 31 weeks
Hi Missuscamis,

From my past experience she is very down to earth and open to birth plans. But as every Dr. I think she also has her recommendations on how the birth is best carried out. In my opinion go in with an open mind that a delivery can go differently then you plan. She did not push me for pain meds it was my own choice if i wanted it or not. I did however end up taking the epi do to back labour. I was informed by the nurse her cut off time for the epi was 6cm dilation.

WilmaWallace

hi Sarahmerah.... thanks for all the info.... i am currently at my 11 weeks. We are seeing a dr. close to our place (5 mins walk to our place at bedok north road). we are thinking to switch OB as she only delivers at gleneagles. we are considering parkway as it is close to our place.

can you tell me how much is the check up per session?
can you also give her contact info?

Thank you in advance...