Diaper changing during night

Niuniu

I had a bad experience when changing diapers for my gal during night time. Maybe I am too slow or the wipe is too cold for her and she start to wake up. She cried non-stop for 2 hrs and very hard to put her back to sleep.

Do you change diapers during night time and how to aviod waking up the baby?

Now i try change diaper at the last feed before putting her to sleep and not to change during the night. But early in the moring the diaper is very wet and I feel quite guilty for letting her sleep with dirty diaper for so many hrs.

missyqiqi

normally i don't wake my baby up to change her diaper. I only change before she cry for milk or she cry suddenly which sometimes due to wet diaper or need to burp. Coz if baby sleep is disturbed is hard to put them to sleep, coz they are still young. For me as long as she don't develop redness or diaper rush i'm alright for her to sleep throughout the night.

verieying

Hi hi,

U can try wiping w warm water and cotton balls as wipes can be a bit cold in zircon room. If not, get a better diapers like huggies ultra which is rather absorbent and can keep butt dry for longer hours! ;)

vanessav

Hi mummy!
I change my baby's diaper after her last meal around 9pm then put her to sleep. My baby is very sensitive to touch and sound and difficult to put to sleep when awakened so what i do is put a lot of Desitin (diaper rash cream) and use Huggies ultra at night. I never had a problem with huggies regarding leaks and my baby doesnt develop diaper rash.

lyra

How old is your baby? When mine is very young, and kept waking up at night, I change diaper after night feeding n then rock him to sleep. I usually change once or twice at night. babies this young have not't learn day n night very well yet n he will sometimes poo poo at night. Now, he only poo once or twice in the day and never at night so I dont't change his diaper and he is ok to sleep through like that.

When changing diaper, it's impossible for baby not to wake up. Just be gentle n sing softly to her to calm her n yourself down when u change. Maybe she hasn't gotten used to diaper changing, so she cried. When my baby got used to diaper changing, he kind of enjoyed the feeling of me wiping his bottoms. Haha. At night, try to keep everything quiet and lights dim, so baby can learn that it's night time and she should sleep. Don't switch on full light, use dim night light even when changing diaper. 6-8weeks is the best time to train :)

Last edited:

xiaodaisy

so far i got no problems on changing diaper at night as my baby is a deep sleeper ..

as for wipes , if there are no poo poo , maybe u could use a warm cloth to wipe her buttock so it wont be cold

brand wise , maybe u could try merries , its very absorbent which can last till 12hrs and it doesnt feel wet even the diaper is very full =)

angiebaby

i change 3 diapers every night, after baby wake up and feed, then when she go back to sleep i will change her diaper, use cotton ball to wipe her bbackside, she will let me do everything but she just sleep, even if she wake up, just rock her a bit she will go back to sleep.

actually as long as bb did not wake up due to wet diaper, no need to change it.

xiaodaisy

its better to use a better brand of diapers at night if dont intend to change wen baby's nvr wake up due to wet diaper cos in contact too long with wet diaper may cause nappy rashes =)

but still to each it own =)

Hakida

yah niu Niu,

I agree with the rest of the mummie,don't need to change unless she cries because of the wet or soiled diapers.I use Merries diapers for my gal... Very absorbent and soft.It even comes with a Colour indicator to show if the diaper is wet

Xiaodaisy ,
all ur kids names are so cute and unique ,your second one and third one age gap is 8 years apart......WOW 佩服, still got the energy to go through the whole process after 8 years.But at least the two elder siblings will be your good helpers...

xiaodaisy

yah niu Niu,

I agree with the rest of the mummie,don't need to change unless she cries because of the wet or soiled diapers.I use Merries diapers for my gal... Very absorbent and soft.It even comes with a Colour indicator to show if the diaper is wet

Xiaodaisy ,
all ur kids names are so cute and unique ,your second one and third one age gap is 8 years apart......WOW 佩服, still got the energy to go through the whole process after 8 years.But at least the two elder siblings will be your good helpers...
Thanks =) actually didnt plan for it but since a blessing given me so i'll be glad to have it .. LOL !! but i'm glad cos the 2 elder is boy and i finally hope for girl after so long ! haha !!

MummiOfTwo

Hi, yes, understand your concern. Good sleep for both mummy and baby are important during night time and cannot be comporomised. May be you should try cloth diapers for night time atleast. They will be able to keep your baby dry and safe. YOu can go through Clothdiapers 365 for an idea. Good luck!

MummiOfTwo

Thanks =) actually didnt plan for it but since a blessing given me so i'll be glad to have it .. LOL !! but i'm glad cos the 2 elder is boy and i finally hope for girl after so long ! haha !!
Wow! Thats a pretty impressive mommy career of yours :) Two boys and a girl!
I also have two boys and maybe someday, we will have a girl angel too :)
I too stay in Simei, are you still around?

zc31

so far i got no problems on changing diaper at night as my baby is a deep sleeper ..

as for wipes , if there are no poo poo , maybe u could use a warm cloth to wipe her buttock so it wont be cold

brand wise , maybe u could try merries , its very absorbent which can last till 12hrs and it doesnt feel wet even the diaper is very full =)
So far heard good reveiws for merries as well, comparable to mummy poko.

xiaodaisy

Wow! Thats a pretty impressive mommy career of yours :) Two boys and a girl!
I also have two boys and maybe someday, we will have a girl angel too :)
I too stay in Simei, are you still around?
good luck to u ! =)

yup , i'm at east side too , geylang area there !

So far heard good reveiws for merries as well, comparable to mummy poko.
yup , personally prefer merries den mamy poko too , i tried out alot brands of diapers for this time round , tried pampers , huggies , drypers , mamy poko , merries , moony .. still prefer merries =) LOL