Diaper rash

Amulet

lynnsilhouette : Wow this thread is kinda long ago . Anyway where to get Egozites from ? Is it avail. at Watsons or Pharmacy ?
Amulet : Huh ? Breastmilk can meh ?
yeah.. coz breastmilk have anti-bacterial properties.. it wrks very well with scratches, cuts, bumps, rashes, eye infections... its like a wonder liquid.. :red:

mmy_lizz

hi mommies,juz my expirience. i had a bad.. very bad.. really bad one wit DD. she was fed wrongly n got diarrhoea. then aft tt, so bad till her bumm got red.. aft tt frequent mixture of poo n urine really blister her genital areas. i was so panic already then bring her to kk. but e doc told me it was normal!!! NORMAL> her skin almost can see 2nd layer.. was really nitemare for me cos she will cry n cry n even not play n walk or even crawl cos it will hurt.. my mum let her wear the cloth instead of pampers n change very very frequently so tt she will feel dry all the time so it wont hurt her hurt area. doc recommend me protective cream. it's a purple and white cream can get from pharmacy. better then desitin. cos desitin is a bit thick but protective cream is light n easy to apply.now i use baby butt balm an organic balm i got fr a website.really learnt a lesson. dint let any other ppl feed yr baby.. n also cleaning/hygiene very IMPT!!!

Domique

My boy boy 1 mth old, scrotum there skin crack can also use corn starch??

ALAMAK!!!! This is really bad. Heart pain for your son.

U know what I do when my son had very bad diaper rash? I just apply CORN STARCH. It's very effective.

I pour the corn starch in my powder container and just use the puff to apply all over his buttock, groin and penis area. It works really well because it helps to aborbs moisture and heal the rash.

If you hv corn starch at home now... USE it!

When the rash is this bad, desitin cream, aloe vera gel or calamine lotion will causes stinging feeling, and your son will cry. That's what happen to my son, he cry until face all red/purple. After I start to use corn starch, it heals the area very well and he does not cry during diaper change anymore.

Do not use any more wet wipes, if possible bring him to wash his backside after poo.

And also, change the diaper more often now until the rash is gone.

Hope your son get well soon!

meowmeow

hi all

i am new in the forum. Just like to give a suggestion. Other than cornstarch, you can try 水粉 from those Chinese pharmacies. Its cooling on skin.

clyva

Hello Mummies, i am relatively new here as well & just read through all the advice as above. I am a young mum to 2 young kids and it so happens that my younger son is also very prone to diaper rash. He's already 2years++ but the rash comes back on & off. We have been using Desitin as PD recommended but i realised its not so effective...
My son's rash is back now so will try out the methods as recommended to see if it really helps my son...

BbpHir3

my gal got very serious ( MIL n I nv c so bad de, so we think it's serious) case of diaper rash when we change d brand of diaper for her, from the yellow pkt de pampers to drypers (my DD use branded goods.. change to huggies no prob.. she dun complain as much somemore.. *pengz*).. anyway, we change the diaper rash cream to densitin (normal purple colour de), got my yi zhang to buy from US.. bout S$9+ for the 100g tube.. damn cheap!! n it works very well!! bout 2-3 days, the rash bout fully recover le.. but cuz it's waterproof, cannot apply too thick.. use finger to tap the tube de opening, den can spread and apply the whole bottom le.. and if wan wash away, muz use soap water to wash.. since i alr buy the drapolene, so wat i did was apply the densitin after she bathe in the morning, den apply drapolene after she wash up for bed at night.. working very well since.. every time she change diaper, i juz use wet tissue to wipe lohz, nv apply anything..

Lim2528

Dear mummy,
I notice that my 5 months old bb boy penis and ball area got small dot n pd confirmed is nappy rash. I been using desitin blue cream but only apply on his butt area. Can the cream apply on the ball and penis skin area too?

apollo

Dear mummy,
I notice that my 5 months old bb boy penis and ball area got small dot n pd confirmed is nappy rash. I been using desitin blue cream but only apply on his butt area. Can the cream apply on the ball and penis skin area too?
yes it is okay to apply on his testicle n penis area. i applied for ds when he is having rashes on these areas =)

Dear mummy,
can apply all over. use the purple one - 40% zinc oxide. super effective. my daughter cannot use anything else or the rash will return (even now at 14months. sigh).

redjn

there are some many brand to look into but all depend on the kid skin:

1. when already with rash can go for Desitin
  2. if no rash just for prevention - I used Pureen which is mild on baby skin. optional can try Seba MED or johnson & johnson