Diapers

asianmirage

Hi, I need some opinions. My boy 3 mths old is already wearing M size Diapers.
However, he also leaked urine because of his anatomy. How do your manage this if you have this problem with your child last time?

Mummy to Baby V

What do you mean by "leaked urine because of his anatomy"? How about being a little more specific:
- where did the leak occur? Front, thigh, back, waist?
- how many hours passed before a leak? 1, 2, 3 or overnight?

Yah, what it mean?

Maybe you just go for those slight above average type of diapers like i use mamy poko for night use due to its absorbance or other brand like huggies...

sunburst

Leaks occur from which side & also I'm not quite sure what u mean.
Anyways I'm using nepia diapers size m for my bb who is 11 weeks & size L for my older boy who is 24mths. So far I find their diapers good coz very absorbent, cottony soft & I like the wet stripe indicators.

asianmirage

what i mean is the pamper have been placed on snugly tight for my baby boy. however after like 2-3hrs, sometimes, the upper side of the clothing is wet, think he shot the urine up. i already cover till the belly button.

I use dryper for your information.

xicloudix

is it too small for him??? how many kg is him now? drypers are smaller in cutting.. my boy wears L when he was 3 mths already....

and now he is 4.5mths (7.5kg) but L seems small for him although pack says 9-14kg for L size ... need to change to larger size after finish this pack...

but i use cloth diapers 99% of the time, no such problem

asianmirage

is it too small for him??? how many kg is him now? drypers are smaller in cutting.. my boy wears L when he was 3 mths already....

and now he is 4.5mths (7.5kg) but L seems small for him although pack says 9-14kg for L size ... need to change to larger size after finish this pack...

but i use cloth diapers 99% of the time, no such problem
cloth diapers..oh..quite troublesome. hehe..
yup, i plan to upgrade to him to L size liao. no choice. his sis wears xl though.

Pamper

you can try changing to pull up pants. cos they fit even better n more securely.so far whenever i use pullup for my girl there's no leak even if i use for long hours. any brand also same. but currently have been using drypants. ^^

sunburst

what i mean is the pamper have been placed on snugly tight for my baby boy. however after like 2-3hrs, sometimes, the upper side of the clothing is wet, think he shot the urine up. i already cover till the belly button.

So meaning diaper not very full yet but his clothes get wet? In that case diaper is too small for him already, will need to upgrade him to a bigger size. The weight on the packaging is just a guide. My bb was on size S pamper stages, which is till 8kg but I think my bb got chubby backside & thighs so it dosent fit him well.

Mummy to Baby V

cloth diapers..oh..quite troublesome. hehe..
yup, i plan to upgrade to him to L size . no choice. his sis wears xl though.
Make sure his penis points down when putting the diaper on him.

My boy is on cloth diapers 100% full-time and hardly any leak.

They are healthy for baby's skin, easy to use & convenient:
- many brands in adjustable sizes, so easy to change setting as baby grows

- machine washable with usual baby laundry

- save time from checking out discounts of disposable diapers for few years

- save time from buying diapers regularly

- save effort of carrying large packs of diapers from the stores regularly

- save storage space at home to put large packs of diapers

- no smelly garbage bin to clear regularly (cloth diapers hardly smell)

We have used disposable diapers in the early months, so can conclude that cloth diapers are really more convenient than most people think.

Thanks for bearing with the long reply; just wanted to clear up "cloth diapering myth". :)

asianmirage

hi, mummy to baby very, are you taking care of him by yourself?? are you using the SGbum cloth diapers?
Make sure his penis points down when putting the diaper on him.

My boy is on cloth diapers 100% full-time and hardly any leak.

They are healthy for baby's skin, easy to use & convenient:
- many brands in adjustable sizes, so easy to change setting as baby grows

- machine washable with usual baby laundry

- save time from checking out discounts of disposable diapers for few years

- save time from buying diapers regularly

- save effort of carrying large packs of diapers from the stores regularly

- save storage space at home to put large packs of diapers

- no smelly garbage bin to clear regularly (cloth diapers hardly smell)

We have used disposable diapers in the early months, so can conclude that cloth diapers are really more convenient than most people think.

Thanks for bearing with the long reply; just wanted to clear up "cloth diapering myth". :)

Last edited:

sunburst

The problem with cloth diaper is you'll need space to hang them out to dry... Which nowadays in HDB newer flats don't have. At my place sometimes my bb cloths can't dry in a day coz lack sufficient sunlight, even if it didn't rain.

But I have to agree cloth diaper is really much better for bb skin... More breathable.

Mummy to Baby V

Mummy to Baby V

The problem with cloth diaper is you'll need space to hang them out to dry... Which nowadays in HDB newer flats dont't have. At my place sometimes my baby cloths can't dry in a day coz lack sufficient sunlight, even if it didn't rain.

But I have to agree cloth diaper is really much better for baby skin... More breathable.
This is a very valid concern indeed. For a while, I stayed in a tiny apartment where we had to hang laundry in the living room. (That was before having any baby. Phew!)

Is there space to put a drying rack to catch indirect sunshine in the living room or room? This helps speed up the drying. I've a friend who dries clothes & cloth diapers in a spare bedroom.

babytazz

My boy's 3+ mths old, weighs 6.7kg and I'm using huggies dry comfort in the day (change every 4-5hrs), pampers active baby overnite (up to 9 hrs n i'll change). size M for both. works very well but will change earlier than the estimated lasting hours coz don't want his diapers to be too wet. my boy still too young to shoot upwards. your boy drinks a lot?