Diarrhea and urine muscle pain after natural delivery

B zhai

Any mummies have diarrhea for days after natural delivery? Those dark green color kind. I also hv pain around the urinal and rectum muscle whenever I urinate or pass motion. I forgot to mention to my gynae during the post natal check. I'm now at day 12. Very worried!! Please help. :(

lyra

I had the pain u described too and I checked at polyclinic because I was worried that its UTI. Turns out that its not, thank goodness. the pain goes away within a month, so I guess its due to the childbirth. I never experienced diarrhoea, so I couldn't help u with that. Get well soon!

kimitsusei

i think its due to trauma caused to the rectal muscles during natural childbirth

our muscles down there are weakened by the effects of pushing and stretching for such a big baby to exit

do not worry since this will heal with time

thats why pelvic floor exercises are so important ------ try to do it as often as you can to help yourself faster regain your muscle strength below

Last edited:

B zhai

It's now 3.5 wks since I deliver. Is it too late to do pelvic exercise as I sometimes will forget to do diligently everyday. I feel I will leak urine when I cough or laugh too hard! :(