Diet for a 17mth old baby

Julin

Hi Mummies,

I am wondering how is the diet like for a 17mth old baby.

Please share.. :err:

Mrs Han

Hi Julin,

For my 17-mth-old daughter, I'm feeding her 2 full meals of porridge/ rice with soup and steamed fish & vegetables during lunch & dinner. Morning snack (between morning milk feed & lunch) would be either baby crackers/ biscuits or yoghurt while afternoon snack (between lunch & dinner) is either milk/ yoghurt/ fruits.

I'm currently trying to wean her off nite feed on milk and trying to get her to eat more of alternative dairy products since she seems to be refusing her FM these days....

meiteoh

Hi Mummies,

I am wondering how is the diet like for a 17mth old baby.

Please share.. :err:
When Eva was 17 mths, she was on three meals plus two snacks a day and only 400ml of milk, sometimes 0 to 100ml of milk on the weekends. She was eating things like pasta, muffins, pancakes, french toast, grilled sandwiches, pizza, noodles, rice along with meat, veg and fruit. All homemade.

Snacks are in the form of homemade waffles, homemade muesli mix with dried fruit or organic fruit bars.

soulnezz

When Eva was 17 mths, she was on three meals plus two snacks a day and only 400ml of milk, sometimes 0 to 100ml of milk on the weekends. She was eating things like pasta, muffins, pancakes, french toast, grilled sandwiches, pizza, noodles, rice along with meat, veg and fruit. All homemade.

Snacks are in the form of homemade waffles, homemade muesli mix with dried fruit or organic fruit bars.

hi...do u have any alternative for working mummies who cant afford to make homemade all the time? the food you make for her sounds delish...

meiteoh

hi...do u have any alternative for working mummies who cant afford to make homemade all the time? the food you make for her sounds delish...
I'm a working mum and what I do is I make the food over the weekend and store it in the freezer. Sorry if I don't have any alternatives - I'd rather make homemade than let my daughter eat commercially prepared food which is often filled with sugar, fats, flavouring, preservatives and additives. Most of the food that I've listed don't take long to make. :)

soulnezz

I'm a working mum and what I do is I make the food over the weekend and store it in the freezer. Sorry if I dont't have any alternatives - I'd rather make homemade than let my daughter eat commercially prepared food which is often filled with sugar, fats, flavouring, preservatives and additives. Most of the food that I've listed dont't take long to make. :)
wah amazing. my mum usually does the cooking for her actually. I do agree with you that homemade is better than commercial. guess I gotta expand the stuff that I'm giving her. pancakes is a good idea. thank u loads!

bbyoshi

hmmm.... my boys are currently 17 months. here's wat they eat.

745-830 Rice cereal with milk
10-1030 Prune juice with soft-boiled egg
12 Porridge or Rice cereal with milk
330 - 4 Brown rice cereal with milk
730 Rice cereal with milk

They dun drink milk. So i add milk into their cereals. They keep puking when they eat. Thought that there's a lot of wind in their tummies and gave them wind drops, but doesn't help.

My mother refuses to feed them any other foods except rice cereal and porridge (plain porride with chicken flavour) because she say they keep vomiting. She also said that the boys have only 7 teeth each and can't really chew yet so difficult to feed them other foods.

I have a few questions:
1. Could it be because they are eating the same foods every meal, every day and they are sick of it that's why they vomit? (my mummy say, when i was their age, she fed me the same food everyday and i didn't fuss or puke or anything, so she dun see why they will fuss or even complain :001_07: )
2. Could it be because they cannot digest well?? Hence the vomiting??
3.As they cannot really chew yet. If I feed them rice or anything, will they choke??
4. What other foods can i feed them. They dun seem to like eating. They always fuss when feeding... :eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10:

Mrs Han

Hi bbyoshi,

Your boys are already 17 mths old. They should be eating more variety than just cereal. My PD has been encouraging us to feed my daughter more adult-like food like rice with fish, veg etc since 1 yr old! Now my daughter (who is 20m now) eats most of what we eat except for meat - she tends to chew then spit out. PD actually told us not to give the same food but let them try different varieties at this stage.

Hope this helps! =)