Different breasts sizes!!!!

augbun

Hi, i have this problem currently. My right breast has more breastmilk than my left breast. So when engored, my right breast is obviously bigger than my left one..I was able to pump ard 150ml for right breast but only manages to squeeze only 49ml max for my left breast.. :err: anyone has the same problem? I don't know how it all statred but i was pumping both sides at same interval but somehow, the right breast seems to be fuller than the left one.

One concern is will my right breast appear/remain bigger even after i stop breastfeeding? Also how to increase my breastmilk on my left breast? any advise much appreciated!

Vone

Hi, i have this problem currently. My right breast has more breastmilk than my left breast. So when engored, my right breast is obviously bigger than my left one..I was able to pump ard 150ml for right breast but only manages to squeeze only 49ml max for my left breast.. :err: anyone has the same problem? I don't know how it all statred but i was pumping both sides at same interval but somehow, the right breast seems to be fuller than the left one.

One concern is will my right breast appear/remain bigger even after i stop breastfeeding? Also how to increase my breastmilk on my left breast? any advise much appreciated!

HI angbun,

I think its natural for us to have a side bigger then the other. As human bodies tend to have one side bigger then the other example feet =D. So its normal for one side to produce more milk then the other. What i did was to let baby latch on the side with lesser milk more often *stimulating it to produce more milk* While letting baby latch on , i will pump the side thats more engorged.

Vone

elaine01

My left breast has inveretd nipples. I seldom nurse from my left breast. DS favours my right breast too since i'm right handed. usually he nurses my right breast thru d nite. d next morning when i go to work, my left breast will be bigger & I can get more milk. it's normal.

you wont have 2 breasts that produces the same amount of milk.:tlaugh:

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
ya... very normal... plus different babies will like different sides. my #1 loved my 'productive' side. My #2/3 both prefered the 'less' productive side... so go figure... different 'boobs' for different babies?? LOL!