Difficulty burping baby

velvetglory

Mummies, do you all have problem burping your baby? I suspect my baby boy have abit of gastric problem like me as my mum told me when I was a baby I vomit everytime after feeding and even went for gastric washing 2 days after I'm born, she had a hard time burping me, most of the time I just can't burp. I find it hard burping my baby most of the time he just cant burp, even after trying to burp him for almost half an hour and no matter in what position. Most of the time he will vomit when I put him back to sleep without him burping, sometimes worst, milk came out from the nose also. And I understand it's quite dangerous. He once vomited from the nose and the mouth and almost cant breathe and was crying very hard. we immediately send him to the hospital. But doctor say his lung wasn't block. And just havehim some colic medicine.
Anybody encountered this problem? Can share with me?

Alisa

my son was very difficult to burp too and only till 3-4 mths then we manage to burp him but also not 100% successful.
What did the doc say? Maybe they can examine yr son whether he is having any gastric problem or not. If not just give grip water daily & apply ru yi oil.

velvetglory

The doctor told me its normal. Which I don't think so. I don't know. Dr just taught me to let him lie on a high pillow. Don't lie him down flat. :(

JacTan

Mummies, do you all have problem burping your baby? I suspect my baby boy have abit of gastric problem like me as my mum told me when I was a baby I vomit everytime after feeding and even went for gastric washing 2 days after I'm born, she had a hard time burping me, most of the time I just can't burp. I find it hard burping my baby most of the time he just cant burp, even after trying to burp him for almost half an hour and no matter in what position. Most of the time he will vomit when I put him back to sleep without him burping, sometimes worst, milk came out from the nose also. And I understand it's quite dangerous. He once vomited from the nose and the mouth and almost cant breathe and was crying very hard. we immediately send him to the hospital. But doctor say his lung wasn't block. And just havehim some colic medicine.
Anybody encountered this problem? Can share with me?
How old is your baby?

Alisa

i did lots of method, really need to try out all. What i did that make him burp is, continue to hold the baby in the drinking position (laying 45 degree in left or right arm) then use the other hand to pat his back while he is still in that position for about 1-2 mins then hold him straight up. maintain that position for another 1-2 mins. if still never burp then gentle circle him in that sitting straight position in clock wise & anti clock wise for about 1-2 mins too then stop. if not, just hold him straight up after every feed and put him back to sleep after about 5mins. hopfully he will not vomit out.

soapsoap

If bb really cannot burp, hold him over ur shoulder for 10 to 15 min before let him lay down.

My bb when young also same, but he is drink too full cos I latch him

lyra

Babies under 6 month tend to spit milk and sometimes a lot. My baby does that too and milk flows out his mouth when he sleeps sometimes. He's 9 months now and he doesn't spit milk as much and doesn't neand burping anymore. He burps himself. The spitting milk is due to immature stomach, it's not a medical problem and it's not vomitting. But if your baby tends to spit until it comes out from mouth, you or caregiver need to monitor him carefully coz I read in the newspaper and baby was choked to death in Malaysia by negligent infant care teachers. Let baby sleep sideways and keep checking him when he naps after a feed. Not to scare you but just to let you know to be careful.

verieying

Hi Velvetglory,

have u tried burping your baby say twice in a feed? i.e. feed a while, then burp, then finish the feed, thenburp? This works for my kids. As if i burp at the end, either they don't burp or they will spit milk if it is a really huge burp... u can try different positions too? I just burp my baby seated down while my Hub has this bend baby forward 45 degrees, sit baby back a bit, bend forward 45 degrees again - it works for him everytime but I just can't seem to get it heeheehee...

infant colic drops works or gripe water helps as well for reducing "wind" in the stomach... Hope the above burp during feed works for you! ;)

raoul

hi velvetglory,
facing the same like yours. my baby needs about 5-20 mins to burp. but everytime she burp, will comeout together some amount of milk (still in milk forms, not milk curd). nowadays i burped her in sitting position, it help reducing the amount of milk comeout & she can burp faster.