Dilemma on how to handle a 3yo toddler who dosent listen ?

Newmumi

Hi mummies,

Im facing a difficult time handling my son who ia abt to turn 3 next mth. Hes very adamant to take instructions and wants always to do things his way. He attends CC full time & even the teachers have a difficult time handling him. I brought him to church for bible studies with other kids, he behaves the same way of not listening & smiles when someone tells him to stop his wrongdoing (pulling another person's hair, screaming, raising his hand to hit, using some vulgar word - learnt from my father while speaking OTP).

Each time when I hear complaints from school & outsiders, im crying inside that I myself dont know how I can restrain him frm doing so. Most kids can listem once told. But, my boy doesn't want to even listen after me repeatedly raising my voice. He only calms down once we take the cane in our hands to scare him. He can speak well but we know that he's very playful & pretends not to listen though he know its wrong.

Im stucked in a dilemma & I really need to do something before he becomes a spoilt brat. The teachers & I are working together by talking to him 1 to 1 but still dosent help. It pains to see the other children playing happily while my son is segregated to 1 corner to realise his mistake.

Do you think its right to do so? I just find that this will cause a great impact mentally.

Hope mummies here can share on how to tackle this situation. :'(