Dink

Supergirl

Double Income No Kids

I have a few friends that are "DINK" family and all ended up in divorce.

Do you think that a family without kids are easier to break up?

Mrs Xie

It all depends. Some marriage can last for the sake of kids, but some don't for the sake of adults themselves.

jedamum

it depends. if both share the same values and thinking that no kids is the lifestyle that they want, or that both is willing to support each other despite multiple failed ttc attempts, the marriage can survive without kids.

from another point of view, one may also argued that with kids, loveless couples are 'forced' to stay together when they could have gone separate ways to seek own happiness in cases where there are no reconciliation possibilities left between them.

actually it is other peoples' business leh...

Supergirl

Yes, its other people's problem but I feel really really sad to know friends decided to take the easy way out than to solve their problems.

I feel that DINK couples choose divorce as the easy way out because they can break up due to very minor quarrels.

Or is it the young generation that live a pampered life with doting parents cannot face minor difficulties when staying with their spouse?

Come to think on it, it may not be other people's problem after all because I may be supporting and overprotecting my own princess and she will grown up to be the next generation of DINK! So sad!

:embarrassed:

jedamum

Yes, its other people's problem but I feel really really sad to know friends decided to take the easy way out than to solve their problems.

I feel that DINK couples choose divorce as the easy way out because they can break up due to very minor quarrels.

Or is it the young generation that live a pampered life with doting parents cannot face minor difficulties when staying with their spouse?

Come to think on it, it may not be other people's problem after all because I may be supporting and overprotecting my own princess and she will grown up to be the next generation of DINK! So sad!

:embarrassed:
hm...maybe they think that life is short, no point making themselves unhappy.
you can start not overprotecting you princess by....having a second kid!!! :) sure no time to overprotect by then. :)

LoVeS

Yes in a way yes like example my sis n her ex dh which they paktor for 3yrs n married 5yrs BUT end up divorced bcoz of affair frm her ex dh. We feel tt partly aso bcoz they dun haf kids if nt their r/s could still b saved for the sake of their own child to try giving each other 1 more chance to try to love each other once again.

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
Yes in a way yes like example my sis n her ex dh which they paktor for 3yrs n married 5yrs BUT end up divorced bcoz of affair frm her ex dh. We feel tt partly aso bcoz they dun haf kids if nt their r/s could still b saved for the sake of their own child to try giving each other 1 more chance to try to love each other once again.
Agreed!! kids do make the difference in MOST marriage.